Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stolen Earth - S4 E12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭savemejebus

2 doctors eh. that'd be a bit farscape wouldn't it :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Would be a bit the Two Doctors, really.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, precisely. The idea of having two completely identical versions of the same man has been done before & given Who has a proud history of snaffling other people's ideas, I wouldn't rule this theory out just yet.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah, precisely. The idea of having two completely identical versions of the same man has been done before & given Who has a proud history of snaffling other people's ideas, I wouldn't rule this theory out just yet.

Caan said it was a three faced man. Now the nerd in me wants this to be McGann, Eccleston and Tennant but the realist in me says something silly with the hand, tennant, and a potential "next" doctor.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

SDooM wrote: »
    Caan said it was a three faced man

Caan says: "He is coming! The three fold man! He dances in the lonely places, O creator of us all. The Doctor is coming!"

A quick glimpse of 8th regenerating into 9th would be cool beyond words

• Advertisement

Would be a bit the Two Doctors, really.

sorry should have said two identical david tennant doctors :)

Caan says: "He is coming! The three fold man! He dances in the lonely places, O creator of us all. The Doctor is coming!"

A quick glimpse of 8th regenerating into 9th would be cool beyond words

It would and from what I hear McGann is very fond of Doctor Who to this day, but I doubt Eccleston would do it, and I doubt RTD would have the money to pay that many Doctors :)
    sorry should have said two identical david tennant doctors :)

Ah, sorry :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Caan said it was a three faced man. Now the nerd in me wants this to be McGann, Eccleston and Tennant but the realist in me says something silly with the hand, tennant, and a potential "next" doctor.
    Second interpretation - the 3-faced man is probably something like past/present/future and tie in with the Medusca cascade being a second out of time. The past maybe being the previous 9th->10th regeneration and the energy used there. I'd like to think the future is back to the Valeyard but I bet it won't be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Is He Christopher's brother:p

GAAAHHHH!!! Still recovering from Saturday, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Advertisement

Not sure if this is in any way relevant (to anything in the universe!), but did anyone else notice that Dalek Khan was essentially a miniaturised version of the God of Daleks from "The parting of ways"? I mean literally identical in every way except that he was tiny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Not sure if this is in any way relevant (to anything in the universe!), but did anyone else notice that Dalek Khan was essentially a miniaturised version of the God of Daleks from "The parting of ways"? I mean literally identical in every way except that he was tiny?

Its almost like they where both daleks...

Must say despite my misgivings of yeah another dalek episode it wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Its almost like they where both daleks...

Well Kaleds anyway.

*sigh*

Just look at the God of Daleks, and look at little Dalek Kahn, they are identical in every respect, and all Daleks are not identical (unless you're telling me they're all clones?).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

*sigh*

Just look at the God of Daleks, and look at little Dalek Kahn, they are identical in every respect, and all Daleks are not identical (unless you're telling me they're all clones?).
    Well they kinda are - the Daleks themselves really started off as motorvised tanks to propel the Kaled race who became little blobs sitting inside the dalek casing. So inside the Dalek they all pretty much look the same (how Kaledist of me!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

amen wrote: »
    I don't remember a timelord regenerating in the tardis before so that could be fun. I think he will regenerate as himself as if you watch carefully I think only part of his skeleton shows so maybe not a full death

The master regenerated in the Doctors Tardis last year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i am sticking by my theory

Its clear from this episode that Davros has been planning for The Doctor's arrival, and he steals the doctor's regeneration process using the crucible, trapping the doctor in a sort of limbo between life and death, the regeneration energy is then channelled through the crucible to Davros to regenerate him/or used to power some universe resetting weapon/create a dalek army using regeneration.

Urgo the Doctor is out of the game, the companions need to save him and one of them dies (please please let it be Rose)

Though the big gapping hole yet to be explained in this 2 parter is how and why Rose is back and how does it play with the whole end of the universe.

good theory blitzKrieg but how would davros know that the doctor would get shot.

probably didnt, probably planned to capture the doctor and force him to regenerate or something, the opening of the next episode will explain all, if it starts with the daleks running around trying to activate the crucible then it makes sense.

Also it could also be the layout of the planets around the crucible, they could have some bizarre effect on timelord regeneration pulling it inside the crucible. (We do know that Sarah jane and micky etc are taken to the crucible and that is where the doctor is, but in what state we do not know.)

Maybe the crucible will make cause an evil twin doctor to be created :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Mad theory alert. Donna is time lordess Romana(who left to stay in another universe IIRC so avoiding the dalek war thingy), with the fancy "you're not a timelord" pocket watch hiding out on earth, or she's the master, or he's hiding in her. Hence the drumbeat, the connection betwixt her and the doc.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

well other people seem to know alot more then me, I am only going by what I feel would be right by the way things are playing.

And what feels really right for me, is that Rose f*cks up somehow, that a huge chunk of this is somehow her fault (i dont like how its a good thing that she has torn down the walls of the universe to come back)

on a side note.

anyone think there is a subtle jab at the EU with the whole planets thing or am I seeing things?

27 planets stolen and joined together to form one evil empire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Well if one of those 27 planets has a vote and decides not to agree with a new system of "streamlined" and "more efficient" government for the whole lot of them thus causing major political ructions ... possibly...

obviously earth represents ireland

and the Doctor is declan ganley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

And the Shadow Proclamation refers to the common EU defence policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Wibbs wrote: »
    Mad theory alert. Donna is time lordess Romana(who left to stay in another universe IIRC so avoiding the dalek war thingy), with the fancy "you're not a timelord" pocket watch hiding out on earth,

:eek:

Damn it and damn you too going to hve that rattling around in my head for the rest of the evening.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romana

or to use her proper title Time Lord Romanadvoratrelundar
    Romana is initially haughty and somewhat arrogant, looking down on the Doctor (whom she considers to be her academic inferior; she obtained a triple first at the Academy, while the Doctor passed with only 51 percent, on his second attempt) and responding to his initial resentment at her presence with icy put-downs. However, she soon gains an appreciation for the Doctor's experience and sense of adventure, and begins to respect him as a teacher.

That certainly would explain Donna giving him abuse about not being very bright...

or she's the master, or he's hiding in her.

Don't think she is the master
    Hence the drumbeat, the connection betwixt her and the doc.

Hard to tell if is the drums of Gallifrey or a heart beat, honestly it sounded more like the heart beat from the previous episode with she had that damn bug on her back.

Damn it going have to go have a listen to be sure.

i like the romana theory...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Wouldn't Wilfred have noticed though if a strange woman showed up on his doorstep claiming to be his granddaughter?

wibbly wobbly science

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    (i dont like how its a good thing that she has torn down the walls of the universe to come back)

But it's not considered to be a good thing. The doctor was pleased that he could see her again, but he was worried about the ramifications as she shouldn't be able to get back.

Advertisement