Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Michael Turner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

that is sad news - I was a fan of his work in the late 90's esp whitchblade which i haven't actually picked up since he stopped penciling it. I'd had issues with his work - like the legs that went on forever, the waists that were as wide as my little finger, and the same 4 or 5 faces used over and over but I still liked it. I think he was a better illustrator then cartoonist and I'll remember him most for his cover work rather then sequential art.

I thought the first issue of fathom with the different views of the characters was nice and it could have been a really interesting title had it not been for the delays due to his illness. 37 years of age, real shame.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Wow, that's shocking :( I wasn't particularly a fan of his work as I don't really know it, but I have a t-shirt with one of his Wolverine: Origins covers on it. It's really sad to hear he died so young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭livingtargets

that`s sad to hear.
    He did some brilliant covers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Nathanual

First George Carlin now Mr. Turner. I have to say that I loved his cover art and he will be missed. I hope that anyone who prays will spare a thought for Mr. Turners family and loved ones.

Rest in Peace.

Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

A day later and I'm still stunned :( This guy was my idol during my comics hey-day. The sheer wealth of detail in some his panels was just phenomenal. Even though he was relegated to merely covers the past few years, I'm really going to miss seeing his work out there on the shelf.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

As with everyone else I am shocked by this. I thought he had won his battle with cancer. As with everyone else I will remember him for his covers.

R.I.P :(

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

He did an absolutely brilliant run on Superman/Batman, his artwork reintroduced Supergirl, and it was great!! That sucks, he was a real talent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I instantly think of the Supergirl arc when I think of Michael Turner. Really great work, this is sad news. He'll join Mike Wieringo in the list of modern artists who'll be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 oblivian

im a massive fan but i just found out, this ****ing sucks im so shocked i knew he was sick, but ****...

id have sucked a homeless guys balls for a turner original but now theyll be impossible to get

r.i.p. mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

News has turned me white.

As a semi-pro artist, Im a huge Michael Turner fan. Him and Jim Lee are my major influences.

This is very very very sad news. I was unaware he had cancer, I dont read wizard as much as I used to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement