Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chest feels icky!!

Options
  • 28-06-2008 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

25 weeks off the smokes tomorrow!!

I feel like I've a cold coming on for the past fortnight - really crappy feeling in my chest. Always feel worst in the morning, but by the time I've my coffee drank, it's gone. Then during the day I'll get a fit of coughing and it'll go away. I haven't been through the coughing up phlegm phase since I gave the smokes up, starting to wonder if this is it (thought I was getting off lightly!)

Anyone else experience similiar?!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I've been off smokes (was smoking 20 a day) now about 20 weeks and started it about 2 weeks ago.

Went to the doctor thinking it was another chest infection but she was telling me all sorts. Initially phlegm starts coming out clear like saliva and only after a good while will the crap start coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I went to the dr. - he gave me an inhalor, told me to try it for a day or two - if no improvement, go back to him. Gave it a week, no result, so he gave me a course of steroids - made a big improvement.

Still hocking up small amounts of clear phlegm, can get annoying.

Advertisement