Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rear Derailleur...

Options
  • 28-06-2008 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Trek 1000, my Shimano Tiagra Rear Derailleur snapped at the point where it is attached to the rear of the bike...my question is do i have to replace the whole derailleur or can i replace one of the attached plates on it, as it seems that there are several detachable plates...my next question...is it expensive to replace and do i have to buy the exact same make of derailleur?

All help welcome,

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You don't need a Sora derailleur, but you would need an eight speed Shimano derailleur and that leaves you pretty much with Sora and last year's Sora (3300) at that, since it went to nine speed this year. I wouldn't bother buying the part since Sora is so cheap you're better off buying a new derailleur. Chain Reaction have them for €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Is the derailleur itself broken, or the derailleur hanger on the frame?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=14744

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

It's the hanger itself Morgan, good spot...although i think i'm going to replace the whole derailleur anyway...

Advertisement