Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hand and whistle signals for dog training

Options
  • 28-06-2008 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi guys. I am trying to train my six month old golden lab at the moment. I was searching the web for the hand and whistle signals that accompany various verbal commands but so far have come up with nothing. Does anyone know where I would find these? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Just make up your own !

As long as you always use the same one for the same action, you'll be alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

If you google what your looking for and click google images you may have better look, as im sure you want pictures & images etc and not just just text to show you how do the hand signals, positioning etc.

example:
    http://animals.howstuffworks.com/pets/dog-training.htm/printable

Also their is a lot of good dog training books out their to buy or in librays that can be very handy and useful, i found "the ulitimate guide to dog training" one of the best ive read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭whitser

get a book on training gun dogs for field trails that have all the whistle and hand singles and also good tips and methods for training retrievers to that sort of thing.

Advertisement