Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Motley Crue - Saints of Los Angeles

• 28-06-2008 9:55pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have been listening to the new Motley Crue album, Saints of Los Angeles, for the past few days having seen them on Larry King live when on hols in LA.

I never listened to their stuff before, so decided to give this album a whirl. After approx 5 listens I would give it an 8/10. Some decent riffs and it seems to be growing on me.

Rolling Stone review it here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

This aint a love song, this is a **** song, lol:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

only listened to it the once so far, wasn't blown away at all, but certainly not a bad album, first impressions are that it's a little patchy - but a decent effort, glad to hear that it's grown on you, same may well happen with me, will give it a whirl......

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Does the lack of response mean people have not yet heard the album?

Here is a youtube of the title track from the album "Saints of Los Angeles". Lots of very simple guitar riffs, good for getting you going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

BossArky wrote: »
    Does the lack of response mean people have not yet heard the album?

==>No, its because people don't want to hear the album.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Right.

Since I have never listened to Motley Crue before I read reviews on Amazon to decide which other albums I should check out, having liked Saints of Los Angeles.

Dr.Feelgood which is apparently their best album. It sounds nothing like Saints of Los Angeles, in case people are put off by that.

• Advertisement

I saw that Larry king special and still have no idea what the hell they were doin on there..

Anywho,liked Generation swine,so I skimmed over the new one...

didn't think much of it to be honest..best track is probably Animal in me,the rest is pretty forgettable..first impressions 3\10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

They need to ditch Vince Neil and get Corabi back.

Advertisement