Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Medical Query on Application for Learner Permit

Options
  • 28-06-2008 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

I have diabetes and the provisinal application has a space for ticking about medical conditions so there's no problem there.

However, it then asks about being on medications that could cause you to become a danger to others.
    I don't really know what to put there. The only medication I'm on in that regard is insulin but that really isn't answerable in a yes/no format in my opinion.
    I'm just wondering can anyone advise me what to put down on the form. I've been advised to tick no. But that was quickly followed by: "sure, you're just asking for trouble otherwise".

I know that diabetics can drive and apart from some slight inflation on their insurance premiums they encounter no difficulties.

So, anyone know what I should tick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

However, it then asks about being on medications that could cause you to become a danger to others
    In my opinion that would be for those who are on medication that may cause drowsiness
    I don't really know what to put there. The only medication I'm on in that regard is insulin but that really isn't answerable in a yes/no format in my opinion.
    You can tick 'no' here. You will be required to send a Medical certificate anyway with you application and your doctor can indicate the nature of your medication and it's possible side effects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Thanks Wishbone Ash.
    I've already been to the doctor and had the form filled up. I'm good for that although he told me he's not allowed to tick the "not need review" section. Which is understandable.
    Thanks again.

Advertisement