Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you get Rekorderlig cider?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭wobzilla

I don't think they update their website much. half of the stuff they have listed there isn't even available anymore. They send me a price list every month.
    Here's a photo of the cider section from july's price list http://www.wobzilla.com/pl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Tesco appear to have stopped selling this... aaargh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

^ Link no longer works, and it hasn't been available at my local store (Ardkeen - Waterford) for a month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This cider was €1 a bottle in O'Briens last sunday, in ballybrack. probably still on offer

Staropramen was €4 for 4 330ml bottles too, I made a post in bargain alerts and not a single response! shocking when you see the attention the bud/heineken etc get..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

saw this 6 for 7 euro in o'briens on the navan road. Not sure about flavours other stores etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

rubadub wrote: »
    This cider was €1 a bottle in O'Briens last sunday, in ballybrack. probably still on offer
    hynesie08 wrote: »
    saw this 6 for 7 euro in o'briens on the navan road. Not sure about flavours other stores etc

Outrageous value when you consider the RRP on a bottle of Rekorderlig is €2.19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Wine_Guy

grenache wrote: »
    Outrageous value when you consider the RRP on a bottle of Rekorderlig is €2.19

its 1.25 p/btl in all O'Briens, apple only and 6 for 7

Emailed Tesco on Saturday and they got back to me today - Apple flavour is now only available in four stores; pear in three. It appears that they have discontinued it. Put in a request for them to stock it again.

Also contacted Aldi and Lidl today and asked if they'd consider stocking it. Aldi have no contact email address, so I had to ring them and ask them to pass my message on to the buying team or whoever.

I just want the strawberry & lime one - don't care about the other flavours!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Gadgie wrote: »
    Emailed Tesco on Saturday and they got back to me today - Apple flavour is now only available in four stores; pear in three. It appears that they have discontinued it. Put in a request for them to stock it again.

Also contacted Aldi and Lidl today and asked if they'd consider stocking it. Aldi have no contact email address, so I had to ring them and ask them to pass my message on to the buying team or whoever.

I just want the strawberry & lime one - don't care about the other flavours!

This link might be to your liking so
    http://www.finewines.ie/rekorderlig-strawberry-and-lime-cider-500ml--20-pack-/7311100320008pd.html

They have a party store next to where i Work an can remember going how the hell do you pronounce that :P

• Advertisement

Thanks for the link!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I love the Apple flavor of Rekorderlig , Had not been drinking much the last month or so and to my utter disgust when I went into Tesco Newbridge they no longer had any of the Rekorderlig Ciders for sale !

Does anyone know where I can get the apple flavor?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭lavine7

Asda do the Strawberry and Lime. Currently 3 for £4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sibhs

Hey has anyone seen brothers cider in any of the shops in Dublin recently, if so which shop? Having a Glastonbury party so would be nice if I could get some in.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,630 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

lavine7 wrote: »
    Asda do the Strawberry and Lime. Currently 3 for £4.

Had a bottle the other day, nice...

Me again! :)

It appears that the Fine Wines website are no longer selling Rekorderlig - I guess they must have been getting rid of existing stock. Managed to get two cases from them before it disappeared.

So... has anyone seen it for sale anywhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Widget72

Have seen Rekoderlig a fair bit in my travels,definately still on sale in Fine Wines,Molloys and Martins Fairview,O'Briens might be selling it soon also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Widget72

Was in Martins Fairview yesterday,its on sale 4 for €10

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I'm going on the hunt in Derry for this today.

You can get it in the Wine Cellar, Maynooth (think they do 4 for €10 deals on it).

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Does anyone know anywhere that sells some of the odder varieties of this stuff? I've seen Apple/Strawberry and lime/Pear flavours around, but in other countries (Finland, presumably Sweden too) they have some stranger ones like Vanilla and Apple, Rhubarb and Strawberry, and other ones that I liked but couldn't understand the names or pictures on the cans, so not quite sure what they were.

Their English site doesn't list them (www.rekorderlig.com), the Finnish one does (http://www.rekorderlig.fi/ciders/). :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

andrew163 wrote: »
    Does anyone know anywhere that sells some of the odder varieties of this stuff? I've seen Apple/Strawberry and lime/Pear flavours around, but in other countries (Finland, presumably Sweden too) they have some stranger ones like Vanilla and Apple, Rhubarb and Strawberry, and other ones that I liked but couldn't understand the names or pictures on the cans, so not quite sure what they were.

They do the rhubard and strawberry one in Applewood offie in Swords if thats any use to you! Dont have it all the time but have on occasion.

They always stock rekorderlig in general tho, only cider ill drink its gorgeous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Does anyone know where it's possible to get this near Blanchardstown nowadays?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Anybody know where to get it in the city centre?

would like to find an offy with it, its so expensive when it is in a pub, which is rare

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

for those in kerry, you can get it in the Castle off Licence, Tralee! They have a website http://nutsaboutwine.ie/cart/index.php?cPath=23_24

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Anybody know where to get it in the city centre?

would like to find an offy with it, its so expensive when it is in a pub, which is rare

I went on a mission to find this stuff in the city centre a few months ago. Couldnt find it in anywhere near trinity/grafton street but did manage to pick up a few bottles in whelans. They do a 10% student discount too iirc.
    Nowadays, I buy mine in Fresh supermarket at smithfield square as I only live ten seconds away. Think they do it for around €2.50 a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Just spotted these in Molloys. 4 for €8

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

never seen it ,where am I shopping
    On another note ,I got some Kopperaberg this weekend and it was a bit too sweet on the second can .I think Bulmers is better

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

All the english ciders you get are better than both of those. Even strongbow. Now where is my sweet rekorderlig :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I dont like English cider ,perhaps due to bad memoried of white cider from my early days living there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I was in JC's in Swords today and they are selling it. I think they only have Strawberry and Lime flavour and they are selling them for €1.99 per bottle. They may have other flavours, I didnt really check.

Advertisement