Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you get Rekorderlig cider?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

In dicey reillys beer garden and there now selling it , speaking to the bar man he said there trying to launch it over here again , had the straw/lime , pear and another one , won't have the apple to next week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Bump time.

Recently got hooked on this stuff by a bartender in Dublin, I actually need some place that sells it. Tried Tesco, Dunnes, Super Value and O'Briens today. No luck, anyone know an off license that sells it, preferably in South Dublin?

I was talking to the rep from Comans (they do dutch gold/karpackie etc.) last week and he mentioned they had aquired rekorderlig. They will probably push it in the independant offies first. I think tescos used to sell it a few years ago, so I imagine they will have it soon enough.

Cheers man, I'll keep and eye out. If anyone sees it, I am almost at the stage of offering cash rewards.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

they sell it in dicey rileys and on 2e night it is a steal!

• Advertisement

For anyone interested, I found it today in the Magic Carpet off license in Cornelscourt. 4 for 10e (yes its slightly annoying that its cheaper to buy it in Diceys on 2e night)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭fonzy157

Hiya,
    Which flavours do they sell there?
    Have spotted the mixed berry ( spar on oconnell st of all places!!), but cant find the apple one anywhere
    Ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Hope it's okay to bump this thread, I'd love to find somewhere in Limerick City that sells the stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tofas

Spotted Rekordelig Strawberry & Lime (and other flavors?) today in the most central place: the Spar in O'Connell Street near the junction with Henry Street (the one next to McDonald's). 2,69€. Also available to buy as takeaway at Porterhouse Nassau Street (and other branches probably) at an outrageous 6€.

Dunnes have this in stock now, wild berries/apple blackcurrant/strawberry lime flavors. Didn't take note of the price though.

• Advertisement

Dunnes have this in stock now, wild berries/apple blackcurrant/strawberry lime flavors. Didn't take note of the price though.

Hopefully that's in all their stores!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Hopefully that's in all their stores!
    Seriously need to keep an eye out for this! The winter cider they have on their site seems nothing short of amazing.

Have you had any luck finding it about Limerick?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Bump time! Anybody seen this lately? Tried a few places in Waterford, Tramore & Roscommon. No shop or offy seemed to have it on sale :./

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Sully wrote: »
    Bump time! Anybody seen this lately? Tried a few places in Waterford, Tramore & Roscommon. No shop or offy seemed to have it on sale :./

we sell it in our offy in Tralee. PM me if you want info...

Nockz wrote: »
    Seriously need to keep an eye out for this! The winter cider they have on their site seems nothing short of amazing.

Have you had any luck finding it about Limerick?

Dunnes stock it corndance8sr.gif

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    we sell it in our offy in Tralee. PM me if you want info...

I wouldn't travel that far for a drink :p but cheers :)

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Dunnes stock it corndance8sr.gif

Got it in Dunnes Waterford today. Just under €3 each. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Sully wrote: »
    I wouldn't travel that far for a drink :p but cheers :)

we deliver throughout Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Anybody know where you can get the more interesting flavour's of Rekorderlig?

After about 7 or 8 years of Strawberry and lime/Wild Berries/Apple/Pear
    i grow tired of the same old ones.

Tried the new Apple and Blackcurrant at the weekend from Dunnes was nice.
    But can you not get the more interesting ones here as you can in other countries?

I've never seen . . .

Mango and green Apple
    Blueberry and lemon
    Rhubarb and Strawberry
    Pear and Lime
    Blackberry and Raspberry
    Pomegranate
    Strawberry and Raspberry

. . . . in Ireland at all.

and havent seen Raspberry or Gooseberry here in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Not a huge fan of these but I had a warm winter cider in The Bull + Castle on a cold day over the christmas and it was cracking. 3euro a glass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 andrew.donohoe

Does anyone know where I can get the apple one? Redmonds in Ranelagh has the Mixed berry, strawberry and lime, pear, winter cider and apple and blackcurrent but I can't get the ordinary plain apple one.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭flowerific

A friend got me to try this cider a few years ago and I loved it, but I never rememebered the name to look for it again, Until recently they have radio adds advertising it. Any up dates on where you can buy this outside of pubs and what flavours and price. I will post up my finds if i get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭upforit101

Spar on Parnell st in Dublin (close to Aldi) has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The Blackcurrant & Apple flavour is possibly the nicest cider i've ever tasted. Only Dunnes and Carryout seem to stock it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Bump..

Was in London last month and had a few loads of this stuff. I liked bulmers till I tried this stuff. This is far nicer..

So can anyone tell me if anyof the supermarkets or off licences carry Rekorderlig cider?

Ive had a look in Dunnes, Tesco and Superquinn but no joy...

Thanks guys..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone know if you can get cans of this in Galway? I'm living in Finland atm and drinking the mango and strawberry one like theres no tomorrow. I may have to buy a crate and bring it home with me in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Got a longing for this stuff tonight, hence my question above.

After further googling, O Briens off licences carry the stuff according to thier website.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MrT123

Mac 3 wrote: »
    Bump..

Was in London last month and had a few loads of this stuff. I liked bulmers till I tried this stuff. This is far nicer..

So can anyone tell me if anyof the supermarkets or off licences carry Rekorderlig cider?

Ive had a look in Dunnes, Tesco and Superquinn but no joy...

Thanks guys..

I'm in the same boat. Been to London last weekend, and apple Rekorderling was all I was drinking. Being a fan of Bulmers for years ... now can't stand the taste of it. Also Rekorderling not containing any Sulphites, goes much easier on my stomach. You can now get the exotic tastes in tesco ... but apple is not there.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=Rekorderling

• Registered Users Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The thread that keeps on giving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Was over in Manchester a week ago and had a bottle of the strawberry & lime - and the barman put two half strawberries and two lime slices in with the ice! 'Twas a delight :)

Advertisement