Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3V Surcharges

Options
  • 29-06-2008 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Got a 3v voucher on Saturday in Galway, 3v has reduced the surcharges on the card bringing them down, usally €5 now €2.50, but the girl in the shop insisted on charging me the full €5 even though it had printed €2.50 on the receipt, was pretty pi**ed off, wont be going back there again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Why did you pay? When I used to be PAYG on Vodafone and the shops introduced a surcharge for top-up I kindly told the shop-keeper to keep their little print-out.

Leave it behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

In all fairness I manage a place that sells 3V vouchers and we were not told anyting about the price of vouchers going down. 3v are very slow to give if any information to the shops.

at the same time when this happened to us I only charged the customer €2.50. I would go back to the shop and ask for the other €2.50 back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

paconnors wrote: »
    Got a 3v voucher on Saturday in Galway, 3v has reduced the surcharges on the card bringing them down, usally €5 now €2.50, but the girl in the shop insisted on charging me the full €5 even though it had printed €2.50 on the receipt, was pretty pi**ed off, wont be going back there again.
    You should have refused to pay for the 3v voucher then since that would be the best way to show them that you are unhappy. It will be hard to go back and ask for the 2.50 back when you accepted the price.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

should have refused to pay, its their fault that its priced incorrectly and doesn't matter that they've put through the request, if the price on the item doesn't match what their telling you then your within your rights to tell them you don't want the item and not pay for it.

All part of your consumer rights :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

needed the voucher asap, thats why i accepted but i informed the girl behind the counter, of the new charge, and she informed me they were going to charge the full €5, told her i would'nt be going back there again, i sent an e-mail off to 3v they are looking into it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You should have asked for the manager. If the bill says €2.50, then they can't make you pay €5 for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

on a more serious note you also have no proof that you paid the €5 as the receipt only has the correct €2.50 so i would think either the shop or member of staff has found a way to make some extra money from this?

Advertisement