Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so if I decide next year that I don't like the #1 cao i have down now...

Options
  • 29-06-2008 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

and I switch courses...

some ppl have told me I need to pay tuition fees for my next course - all 3 or 4 years.

is this true?

what do the fees add up to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

You'll only have to pay for your first year.

Fees will depend on the college and the course. Medicine would be a lot more costly than English for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

If you don't like your course, drop out before the end of October. Then you won't have to pay any tuition fees.
    If you drop out in December or January, you must pay half the tuition fees the following year.
    Drop out anytime afterwards and I'm afraid you'll have to pay full tuition the following year.

That's how it works in UCC anyway, I'm guessing the same rules apply in most colleges?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

ah thanks guys, that isn't so bad.

whatever I get, just gonna give it a good bash and see how it holds up.

That's how it works in UCC anyway, I'm guessing the same rules apply in most colleges?

Yup.

Is it possible to transfer course during the year, in DCU?

I would be transferring to computer applications . . . (many many drop outs)

if this is yes, then I may stop worrying about my cao..

• Advertisement

declan_lgs wrote: »
    Is it possible to transfer course during the year, in DCU?

I would be transferring to computer applications . . . (many many drop outs)

if this is yes, then I may stop worrying about my cao..

Not only will you be able to transfer courses internally (within whatever college, subject to certain transfer dates) you may also be able to transfer courses between colleges. Generally you need to have the points for the course, and there to be a place available for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Myth wrote: »
    Not only will you be able to transfer courses internally (within whatever college, subject to certain transfer dates) you may also be able to transfer courses between colleges. Generally you need to have the points for the course, and there to be a place available for you.
    But that is only after college has begun and not when the offers come out ya?

That is SO DAMN COOL!

I cant waaait :D

1huge1 wrote: »
    But that is only after college has begun and not when the offers come out ya?

Sure is.

Advertisement