Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video editing software_ Basic

• 29-06-2008 4:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I've read the sticky, but I am still not clear which program to use.

I am a new user and want to be able to make up a dvd with limited editing , effects and audio over.

which is the best solution for me.
    I am using MPEG2 files from my hard drive sony comcorder.

I find the MS movie maker keeps crashing on medium jobs. is this the best program to start with?

any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

Read the sticky! :)

If you're crashing, the problem is probably your computer.

Bear in mind that MPEG files are not easy to edit, place a lot of load on the computer. DV (tape-based) format is much easier (and better all round).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

I have a full video converting program. it will convert the video file to pretty much any format. What format is the best to work with MS movie maker? What do you recommend, converting to different format? If so which one?

I do not want to lose too much picture quality.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭lionela

TommyGun wrote: »
    I have a full video converting program. it will convert the video file to pretty much any format. What format is the best to work with MS movie maker? What do you recommend, converting to different format? If so which one?

I do not want to lose too much picture quality.

Thanks
    Try Downloading avs4you Video converting Software (trial version)and convert your mpeg2 to avi.
    You can then use Windows Movie maker to edit you clips and add transitions Etc.

A message on screen will inform you that this is a non-activated application. If you like the software then you can purchase same .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

thanks, I have a program that will convert the already. so the best format to work with Windows Movie maker is .avi?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rtyped

for very simple jobs tmpgenc dvd author is good, It is limited but easy to use, I think there is a free trial.

• Advertisement
Advertisement