Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can we improve AH

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Any chance the conspiracy theory nuts get their threads moved to that forum created particularly for such posts?
    Any chance you could report the thread and give the mods adequate time to deal with that reported post? Reporting posts is the best way to draw our attention to something, not whining about it here.

snyper wrote:
    I think members should try to be nicer to newer members, first time posters if you will.

I'm pertty new here (to this part of Boards, at least) and I haven't had any issues with people going out of their way to be asses to me (although in saying that, I don't go looking for arguments, either).

But of course; I can't speak for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Rayven199

I think we should not allow twitching anus to post. Itll annoy him and bring us peace and joy

Good times

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Rayven199 wrote: »
    I think we should not allow twitching anus to post. Itll annoy him and bring us peace and joy

Good times

+1

On a side note, I'd suggest that any thread in which the subject matter dwells on faeces/farting/toilet habits be banned from AH. The same idea is being discussed in the Forums forum as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I think we should ban "I for one welcome our new X overlords"

at least yore ma can be funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

It was in there for a while but was removed. When thanks was brought back in after hours it didn't come back in cool vids. I meant to poke Cult about it but I kinda forgot. I might drop him a pm.

Any word on this? Wanted to thank someone in there again today. Would be handy to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    MooseJam wrote: »
    I think we should ban "I for one welcome our new X overlords"

at least yore ma can be funny

Hilarious. Sure, I'll ban others who use those overused phrases because you want it so. I'll also have to ban you for using/supporting overused phrases because others want it so. Deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,435 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

In answer to the WWMs question: hookers.

Seriously, I'm still smiling at the idea of asking a question like "how can we improve AH" in the AH forum! It;s just not going to be taken seriously.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Halfdog

Any chance the conspiracy theory nuts get their threads moved to that forum created particularly for such posts?
    Ahhhh!! You must be BIG BROTHER :eek:

• Advertisement

Karoma wrote: »
    Hilarious. Sure, I'll ban others who use those overused phrases because you want it so. I'll also have to ban you for using/supporting overused phrases because others want it so. Deal?

dude I said ban the phrase not the people

MooseJam wrote: »
    dude I said ban the phrase not the people

But how do you deal with the people who use the phrase if you don't ban them...?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    But how do you deal with the people who use the phrase if you don't ban them...?

By adding the phrases to the swear filter?

well i suppose you could ban repeat offenders

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

An Fhile wrote: »
    By adding the phrases to the swear filter?
    Swear filters don't fúcking work and neither does yóre ma.

See piece of piss to get around them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

AH has become TROLL Grand Central in the last few weeks, and while AH is a bit 'tongue in cheek' trolling here has got to ridiculous levels.

What good, constructive and informative threads we have left in AH are quickly turned to sh*t, often by the third or fourth post in, and this (I feel) is causing people to look at other forum's to have their topic's discussed.

Mairt wrote: »
    AH has become TROLL Grand Central in the last few weeks, and while AH is a bit 'tongue in cheek' trolling here has got to ridiculous levels.

What good, constructive and informative threads we have left in AH are quickly turned to sh*t, often by the third or fourth post in, and this (I feel) is causing people to look at other forum's to have their topic's discussed.

True that

EG
    The thread regarding having a down sydrome kid just got totally hijacked by trolls and it got messy. Banning ,infractions etc were given out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

True that

EG
    The thread regarding having a down sydrome kid just got totally hijacked by trolls and it got messy. Banning ,infractions etc were given out.

But the thing is, call someone a wanker <insert other name calling crap> and you'll get an immediate banning (and rightly so) but trolling is just as disruptive to good discussion and should be treated likewise.

Give examples... or are you just trolling?
    Mairt wrote: »
    But the thing is, call someone a wanker <insert other name calling crap> and you'll get an immediate banning (and rightly so) but trolling is just as disruptive to good discussion and should be treated likewise.

The best way to deal with a troll is to ignore them.

How do you define a troll? If I dealt with every reported "troll" in AH, I'd be driven mad.
    People constantly report other posters for trolling or call them a troll in-thread because they disagree with them. Backseat moderating or dishing out personal abuse is much more disruptive than most trolling, and much simpler to moderate.

A quick suggestion, and one that will likely be ignored: no more links to the Daily Mail in After Hours! "It's like chewing gum for the eyes."

• Advertisement

What? How dare you compare that tripe to chewing gum. Chewing gum is far more usefull than the daily mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

What? How dare you compare that tripe to chewing gum. Chewing gum is far more usefull than the daily mail.

In either case, excessive consumption can have a laxative effect.

javaboy wrote: »
    In either case, excessive consumption can have a laxative effect.

But with the Mail, at least you'll have something to wipe with.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    But with the Mail, at least you'll have something to wipe with.

I'm all for recycling and all but I don't like the idea of reusing paper that already has sh*t on it.

javaboy wrote: »
    I'm all for recycling and all but I don't like the idea of reusing paper that already has sh*t on it.

Fair enough, just use the nudie page.

I think all the girls from AH should meet up & have a wet T-Shirt competition with the winner getting a date with Terry at an illustrious restuarant in town. I feel it would consilidate us as an internet community & bound us together.

I could supply the water, it would be no problem at all :)

I think all the girls from AH should meet up & have a wet T-Shirt competition with the winner getting a date with Terry at an illustrious restuarant in town. I feel it would consilidate us as an internet community & bound us together.

I could supply the water, it would be no problem at all :)
    More water.

/fr jack.

</End of thread>

I'll print it off and review it ...in the review room.
    We'll probably have another one of these threads further down the road. For everything else, use Help Desk / Feedback (Acquaint yourselves with these fora before posting.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement