Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any other Antec Nine Hundred owners ?

Options
  • 29-06-2008 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

So I finally built the new PC.

Antec Nine Hundred Case,
    Intel Q9450 2.66Ghz,
    TR Ultra-120 Extreme cooler
    2GB DDR3 (Ocz reaperx)
    Nvidia 9800 GX2
    Asus P5E3 mobo

Yes it's quite nice, except for the first day I had it up and running, I put my hand in to turn down the top mounted 200mm fan on the antec, and hit my finger. My finger's fine, the fan stopped immediately as it hit it, but the fan has not started to run again. Poking it reveals that it is locked in place, I'm thinking maybe as a safety mechanism? /me hopes.

Anyone else with an Antec seen this problem before or have any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

I've got the same case. Try switching it to full speed and see if that restarts it. If not, it should be easy to get a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Thanks for the idea, didn't pan out though. Can I just replace it with any old 200mm fan? Didn't pay much attention to how it was fitted in the case before I built, so have no idea what to expect in replacing it.

Have only just got everything into the case, and it all has to come back out again....argh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

You could probably fit any 200mm fan as long as it uses the same power, but I'd say it's still best to go with the Antec one:

http://www.computerbits.ie/product_details.asp?product=4621

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I had an Antec 900 a while back. Replaced the fans with Scythe 1600s. It's a simple enough procedure tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

was wondering about this case for my cousin's build. worth the money? Is it noisey? cold?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have one, an OK case. Looks nice, especially with some extra blue leds. But space is a bit of a concern - I can see a gx2 not fitting in there to be honest, looking inside my case. when I had 2x8800gts, there wasn't a whole lot of space left between the card and cage...maybe I'm over exaggerating but when I fitted the two GTS's the first thing I thought was 'damn, new case time with newer, bigger cards'.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Overheal: It's my first proper case. I'm happy so far, despite feeling there should be a guard on the inside of the top mounted 200mm fan. It looks good, even though it's only out of the box. Stock fans are all blue led'd, something to bear in mind if you're buying cathodes at the same time or anything.

With the fans on low it's not overly obtrusive. With them on max it's loud enough to be annoying alright. With the top and rear fans on medium or high (forgotten the combination, was changing them around when I had the accident), the BIOS was reporting the CPU at 39°C. With the demise of the top mounted fan, it's about 45° consistently.

Terrorfirmer: The GX2 just fits, barely. Will post an image of it shortly. If you still have the black fan holder on the middle drive bay on the front, get rid of it (clips out easily).

It'll fit a second GX2, and I plan on adding it, but getting some of the cables connected would be tight though. As it was, I had to unscrew and move the PSU just to get the front audio connector plugged into the board as I couldn't get my hand between the existing GX2 and the PSU. I never considered myself ham fisted either. With two, I can imagine it being a juggling act, with the PSU slotting in last.

Edit: Thanks for that link OK-Cancel-Apply

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

noise might not be a major concern i suppose as he loves his headphones. but sad to hear about the graphic card issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Yeah if you've a lot of components or large GFX cards, I'd probably buy another case. That's the reason I sold mine on.

Advertisement