Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dry lining has made noise worse

Options
  • 29-06-2008 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've recently dry lined the interior wall of my mid-terrace house and I think it has made the noise from adjoining houses worse.

I have 2x1 inch battens onto the wall and mounted 30mm insulation/plaster slabs throughout. This was mainly due to combat heat loss as the house was 1950's era and was cold but I think I've made the noise situation worse.

I'm mainly getting low frequency noise like doors closing etc coming through the walls. Its like the cavity has become a drum to accentuate the noise.

A friend suggested using cellulose slurry to fill the cavity as its very dense and can absorb sound, does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

Advertisement