Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Happenings

Options
  • 29-06-2008 1:43pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭

Am I the only one who is having the drop down menus vanish and reappear? When I refresh the page to try and make them come back, I get a sort of deconstructed looking page.

The quick reply button also seems to be not working for me.

Using FF3 Mac OS10.5.3
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Been seeing the same with FF3 on the same OS last week, wasn't sure if it was my network connection or the browser flaking out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I running Vista Ultimate with a FireFox browser and not having any probs at all as you described. Maybe it's the tin foil hat?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

XP SP3 IE7, no such problems. Fogra was hanging the page loading last night but nothing like you describe.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Hmmm, well I've cleared the cache and the problem is still there. I'm starting to think it might be be FF problem.

well, I just had a browser crash so I'm thinking it's definitely FF that's the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Using FF3 on Vista and no problems for me so far

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Been happening on ff3 here, but not on Safari

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

No problems like that on xp sp3, ff3 (I think it's rc1 should really install the newest version) and eircom broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

XP SP2 FF2 no problems as far as I can tell.
    Also Windows 2K FF3 in work no issues.
    How long has this been going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Vista, FF2. I'm not experiencing any of the problems described.

It could be FF3/vista combo that's the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Using FF3 Mac OS10.5.3

I'm using this exact setup and I've had no trouble.

Do you have any odd extensions installed? (I have Adblock Plus, CustomizeGoogle and Web Developer if that's any help)

I only have adblock added. I've had no problems till earlier today and I've had no problems at all since FF3 crashed on me earlier. I think, judging from the other people who've had the same problems that it's a Mac/FF issue.

Thank you all for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Firefox 3, OS X 10.5.3/openSUSE 11, AdBlock Plus and haven't noticed the problem (at least not yet).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Vista and FF3 with no problems!

Advertisement