Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldo - Who's going to take the risk?

• 29-06-2008 3:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

So, from the 30th of this months is he a free agent, Milan won't keep him because of the Tranny gate saga, he is recovering fully from his injury with Dr. Messerman in Paris (milan employee btw) and will be fully fit for september.

So Milan will let him go because he doesn't fit the Image of the club.

Who would take the risk?

I don't see why a top club wouldn't take him on a one year pay as you play contract, that way there is no real risk.

He adores Scolari, so maybe he will end up at Chelsea?

remember lads, forget the drama, forget the injuries, when he was fit and playing for Milan and Real, even thought he was 20lbs over weight and until Milan playing with an undiagnosed thyroid condition, he scored goals consistantly.

Form and fitness are temporary.
    Talent and ability are permanent

Even players still rate him. Even this from last year, Ibra and Ronaldo waiting for play to start and Ibra is just looking at Ronaldo and you can see it in his eyes, he's thinking "Jesus, I'm looking at a living legend".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHRLQz5Zvy4&NR=1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i don't think a European club will take a punt on him. i'd expect him to stay in Brazil.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He'd have to be in Brazil first.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

He's not going to Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

lol

He'd be better than Pizzaro...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Seaneh wrote: »

Was lol'ing at this :)

I would love Liverpool to sign him to be honest.

I know nobody will give him a long term bumper contract but Im sure that a top club could convince him to sign a short term pay as you play to prove himself again with he possibility of an extension if proformances are good, meaning if he's sh!te, cut him loose, if he's good keep him for another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

What happened to Pizarro last season did he even feature at all in the second the half of the season.

Seaneh wrote: »

excuse me if i'm mistaken, but the last i heard (around April when that tranvestite sh*t popped up) was that he had returned to Brazil for his rehabilitation. now has that suddenly changed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Hes going to Sunderland.........sorry Roy Keanes Sunderland

I bet Ibra was smirking at the gut hanging over Ronnies shorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Reckon that any team who says that they could not get something useful out of Ronaldo is fooling themselves. If only to have him at training bringing along the strikers, can personally still see him doing it in the top flight for many teams although maybe a team who would base their game around him would suit him more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

to return to his best and be injury free and play at his best until he is 38 with United :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Maybe Man U will get him if the other Ronaldo leaves, so that they will be able to sell the 50million extra ronaldo jerseys they have made to sell¬!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

excuse me if i'm mistaken, but the last i heard (around April when that tranvestite sh*t popped up) was that he had returned to Brazil for his rehabilitation. now has that suddenly changed?

OP says hes in rehab in Paris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

He's finished move on & forget about him & just be glad he's given us so many memorable moments.

And speaking of Milan players being finished it looks like Maldini will be out for the whole season with injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

gucci wrote: »
    Hes going to Sunderland.........sorry Roy Keanes Sunderland

I bet Ibra was smirking at the gut hanging over Ronnies shorts.
    He's not Irish though

bohsman wrote: »
    OP says hes in rehab in Paris.

i mistook it as him being treated by a Parisian doctor. it's kinda weird though if he's in Paris. he was scheduled to remain in Brazil at least until August; which was on his official site, then one month goes by in the news and all of a sudden he's in Paris full-time without any explanation. I wonder does that mean there has been a setback? or was he just bored of Brazil with the press frenzy after the scandal and wanted a change in scenery?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Id love him as backup to Torres tbh, my favourite player to ever kick a ball. In his prime he was absolutely amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

i mistook it as him being treated by a Parisian doctor. it's kinda weird though if he's in Paris. he was scheduled to remain in Brazil at least until August; which was on his official site, then one month goes by in the news and all of a sudden he's in Paris full-time without any explanation. I wonder does that mean there has been a setback? or was he just bored of Brazil with the press frenzy after the scandal and wanted a change in scenery?

Hmmm. Maybe ms Hilton is on hols in Brazil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I'll second Melions motion, get it done Rafa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'd love to have him at United. Still think he has something to offer. That said, I'd be worried about his effect on the squad in terms of professionalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Melion wrote: »
    Id love him as backup to Torres tbh, my favourite player to ever kick a ball. In his prime he was absolutely amazing

+1. Less seriously though, there's a faint prospect of Liverpool jerseys with Keane and Ronaldo on them next year:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

All depends on his attitude.

I would be happy to see him at Utd on a short term contract. If he was willing to take a short term contract, just to get back playing again that would show his attitude is at least half way right. I would also believe Fergie could judge his character correctly.

He could easily go to the US or Dubai or somewhere if it was just about the money.

With a world cup in two years I think he would want another go at that too. Prob still the best out an out striker Brazil have if he could get himself fit.

Advertisement