Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to kilkenny

Options
  • 29-06-2008 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,
    I'm moving to kilkenny very soon and wondering where to live. I'd like to live within walking distance of the city centre but not bang in the middle. I've been on daft and also got the local paper. There seems to be lots of places to rent around mcdonagh junction but I've been told its half empty and might be a bit rough at night? Also what's the going rent for a 1 bed apartment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

bans wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm moving to kilkenny very soon and wondering where to live. I'd like to live within walking distance of the city centre but not bang in the middle. I've been on daft and also got the local paper. There seems to be lots of places to rent around mcdonagh junction but I've been told its half empty and might be a bit rough at night? Also what's the going rent for a 1 bed apartment?

hi welcome to kilkenny! just moved to kk myself a short while back so dont know the place v well and so cant comment on what mcdonagh junction would be like to live but i will say its a handy location for city centre/train station though its right beside where all the main night life will be so i guess it could be busy maybe someone else here will be able to give you their experience of the area.

I've rented in parcnagowen and the areas lovely though about a 15 minute walk into town. Robertshill is also nice and about a 5 minute walk to town.

rent wise im paying 300 a month excluding bills which is in a house with 2 others. so again not sure about apartments but check what prices are being advertised on daft and you'll have a ball park figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

i lived at lakeside for a year which is near mcdonagh junction and had no issues with the place - I was working at the maltings behind market cross which is right in the middle of town and it took me about 15 mins to walk there in the mornings but thats with stopping for breakfast at blah blah blah. Never had any issues at night - john st is a pain in the ass at nights during the weekend but can be easily avoided.

Advertisement