Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midi in cubase. . . . .

Options
  • 29-06-2008 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

I just got my hands on a copy of cubase sx. I want to get going quickly. Can anyone tell me how to get set up experimenting with midi quickly? I just want to mess around with it using my computer keyboard for now. Where can i get the window set up where i can start programming in midi tracks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ogy

1. Start a New Project
    2. Click project -> add track -> MIDI
    3. Click Devices -> VST Instruments
    4. Click an empty slot and pick one of the synths or drum machine listed.
    5. Click on the midi track, make sure inspector is on, thats the third button across from the top (just under file...edit...etc)
    6. where it says "in" choose your midi keyboard, where it says "out" choose the VST you loaded
    7. Click the button the looks like a speaker on the midi track, it should turn brown. also click the record enable button (a circle thatll turn red when clicked)
    8. Try playing a few notes on the keyboard to see if its all working, it should be
    9. hit record and play away.
    10.to tidy up what youve recorded double click the box that has appeared since you recorded. A midi editor will open up where you can edit and add to what you've played.
    11. if you don't wanna play the stuff in with a keyboard, just use the pencil tool to draw a midi area in the track, double click it, and punch in the notes you want.

that should do it!

Advertisement