Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cubase drum maps

Options
  • 29-06-2008 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

I don't play drums myself so when it comes to playing the drums into cubase using the midi keyboard I suck because I don't know what patterns to do.

Has anyone else got problems with this?
    Is there anywhere where you can download preset drum maps and stick em into cubase?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I was having this problem programming breakbeat drum patterns in Logic too..

You can find loads of midi files with drum patterns in it. Gotta look for them somewhere on the internet.
    You can load them in cubase and put their output to the drum machine. You might hafta switch the kicks and snares around at times cuz not all midi files are programmed according to a set template.

Or if you can't find what you're looking you, you can manually program it into your sequencer, if you can find the tabs for your drum patterns. Just sorta program the rhythms according to the tabs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

ah - that makes sense actually - i did find a few midi files online, but now I understand what they would be used for yea....

sweet :)
    I might have a good luck around a compile a list of them so!

What would they be called - im searching google for them - they aren't drum maps are they (drum maps are when you set the midi keys to each instrument right) or are they?

got a fair few of them by typing into google "free midi drums "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

google is yer mate!

And you just load that midi file into your sequencer and assign the tracks input to your drum machine. It should play the beats.

• Advertisement
Advertisement