Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield bad company

Options
  • 29-06-2008 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Got the game here, so far it's fairly good!
    The first level is like the demo but with a fair bit more, like arty guns!!!
    They is fun!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

So far it's decent
    The AI are all near retarded though, especially friendlies.
    Sounds are amazing,
    Destruction is decent, not far off crysis if you ask me.
    Graphics for a console are quite nice.
    I still think it's very zoomed up.
    Vehicles are fun and easy enough to control.
    Many modern weapons some have yet to be used and some that didn't make production(xm8).

All round 85% by me.
    Havn't tried mp yet though.

Mp is pretty dam good.
    They didn't water it down like frontlines
    Everything is as destructible and it's great, very little lag and you only notice it in extreme cases.

There's a ranking system and you unlock weapons and alike.
    As a whole it's similar to BF2 i feel.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I think I might pick up a copy of this then, lots of people seem happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

got the game. graphics ok. still plays like battlefield. i love the destructible buildings. AI is retarded. possibly too arcady. have it on medium. still too easy. will up the level.

worth a buy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

haven't really bothered with the SP portion of the game. i honestly bought this purely for the MP... which is superb. better then cod4, imo.

bad company reminds me of the first time i got into bf2...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

haven't really bothered with the SP portion of the game. i honestly bought this purely for the MP... which is superb. better then cod4, imo.

bad company reminds me of the first time i got into bf2...

would agree that the mp is better than cod4 but not too sure about the sp.
    i loved bf2 mp ( had it on ps2 and its was probably the only game that ps2 worked fine with online ) i spent too much time playing it and bad company is shaping up to be the same. i really like the gold rush game mode. i hear they are bringing out a patch with a territories type game mode aswell but i don't know how much truth is behind it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Indie18 wrote: »
    i loved bf2 mp ( had it on ps2 and its was probably the only game that ps2 worked fine with online )

You're thinking of BF2:Modern Combat, not the real BF2.

warning to anyone that is buying this just for sp....... dont. repetitve......boring.....too easy

Yeah sp you can see they had a problem with AI targeting and the whole destroying walls part, they would shoot at a wall where the enemy is on the other side and alike.

But on the mp side of things this game knocks cod4's socks off, put them on, then pentrate from the rear.

I only play cod4 on console only to play with friends who i usually wouldn't see but this game i'd happyly play by my lonesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

But on the mp side of things this game knocks cod4's socks off, put them on, then pentrate from the rear.

brilliant.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

what the hell does the mtn-55 do.?

anyone come to that yet?

No idea what it is, so no sorry.

its a grenade style weapon. in crash and burn mission after the helicopter crash

Still don't know it.....
    I would check the game but left it in my friends house foolishly enough....

cant evn find anything on the intro web

its a friggin motion detector

That yoke!!
    Hadn't a clue what it was until i played mp when the guy shouts "motion sensor away"!

yeah its totally useless in sp.

one thing that i have noticed and is beginning to really bother me about the ai..... they are so retarded.

for example if i am in an armed vehicle and i hop out to repair it. everyone else does too. would it not make sense to stay on the heavy gun.

and also if i swap from driver seat to a gun. nobody takes control.

the game would be far better with a simple command interface like rainbow six or something where you can tell them to do stuff rather than them follow you around like headless chickens

Trading it in soon.....its lost all of its appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I got me a console just so I could play this and it was worth all the bother. I liked single player, felt strange to be playing a BF game in single player.
    But it really shines in Multiplayer, way better than COD 4. I havent touched my COD since getting bad company. Perhaps ill try COD out again today just for comparisions.

I got me a console just so I could play this and it was worth all the bother. I liked single player, felt strange to be playing a BF game in single player.
    But it really shines in Multiplayer, way better than COD 4. I havent touched my COD since getting bad company. Perhaps ill try COD out again today just for comparisions.

You come from a bf2 background so your going to prefer bf more than likely. cod is run and gun on most parts besides search & destroy. bf:bc is team based and tatical.. even though most of the people playing it arent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

got it too and like it..especially the sniper/support kits with the Mortar and TV missile unlocks..huge advantage over the rest of the kits in my opinion..

so if they're any ps3 owners and they fancy a few games online now and then add me to friends list if you'd like..

PS3: Aeroblazer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Anyone notice that nobody talks in bad company??? Its annoying!

What do you mean nobody talks?
    Online?
    There's loads i think.
    Besides i like it that way.

ive only had a few games were people talk alot most of the time they talk to give out about something..

Can't find the bloody m24...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

is it true theres only one game type in online multi player?

Indeed it is true, but soon there will be the all famous conquest mode!
    Besides in the one game type they have there's more teamwork and alike than any of cod4s or all put together in fact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Is this available on pc, or is it consoles only?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Console Only...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Martron wrote: »
    warning to anyone that is buying this just for sp....... dont. repetitve......boring.....too easy
    true sp is pants , isnt it with most games, think i played 5 minutes totall sp,

Advertisement