Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Slipknot Material.

• 29-06-2008 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Just incase anyone round these parts dont know, slipknot have released 2 songs off there 4th studio album "All hope is gone".

The first song to be released was the title track itself, all hope is gone. Imo its a logical step up from the volume 3 stuff, getting heavier and yet keeping the great more sturcture filled songwriting of vol 3. A lot of peeps wont be into it i know, but i think people who are more into death metal and that road will love it.

The second song released is the first single to be release off the album, Psychosocial . Its got a bit of a metallica vibe off it but its still unmistakeable slipknot. Imo it gets a small bit repetitve and its too stone sour like for my liking. I love the first stonesour album but when i buy a slipknot album id like to hear slipknot if u know what i mean. Actualy nice to see a structured solo in a knot song though and its got some meshuggah like bits in the second half.

Overall i like the two songs. Dunno if the albums gonna top volume 3 but still looks like its gonna be killer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

All hope is gone is a horrible, horrendous, mess.

Psychosocial is a much better track and hopefully more representative of the album as a whole, the ghey vocals are making a somewhat unwelcome return but it's not bad overall. Still think they are drifting too far away from their roots and while they definitely have a "unique" sound now, I don't think it's their best.

And your youtube links should be;

[youtube]WvVTO6JCxZY[/YOUTUBE]
    [youtube]DplUpXJIq2U[/YOUTUBE]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Cheers for to youtubing help. id disagree with all hope is gone being a mess, the start part is the only part that really sounds a bit weird and i think the chaoticness of it fits the song. But hey thats just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

first track is very good. still has the vol.3 feeling of a band trying to find themselves a sound that's condusive to change. i think slipknot want to be a band that can go from very heavy to melodic to accoustic in the same song...

the second song is terrible. too much stone sour in it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Patricide wrote: »
    Cheers for to youtubing help. id disagree with all hope is gone being a mess, the start part is the only part that really sounds a bit weird and i think the chaoticness of it fits the song. But hey thats just me.

Funny, the start is about the only part I like. Once the singing kicks in it's laughable, blast beating, fugly.

New Masks Unveiled

slipknot2008newmasksgx4.jpg

rofl.gif

• Advertisement

Jesus, coreys new mask and sids are a big departure. Clowns new mask is an improvment imo though and the rest are nearly the same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

are they coming to ireland this yr?

Plenty of roumers going around tralee anyway that people are taking as gospel truth but if there hitting up england anytime theyl more than likely play Ireland.

Seen em twice now, wouldnt mind seeing em a third time no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,840 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Sids mask looks very odd as well, over all they look interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

firstly the songs....have to say that i do like both of them.all hope is gone is very much back to roots, back to the Slipknot/Iowa style, which i much prefer.not to take away from Vol.3 which was excellent.psychosocial is a bit Stone Sour as everyones been saying but its still a good tune.nothing wrong with Stone Sour :D

as for the masks.....corey's is a big let down.its just so bleh!! however i am loving clown's and joey's.the crown of barbed wire is just brilliant.joey's mask has been my favourite the whole way along and it still is

• Advertisement

Doubt the crown of thorns will be on him live, headbanging with it on would be a bit of a problem. Ever get your hair cought in briars before. Not nice!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Lol I doubt its a real crown of thorns. its probably flat on the other side ;) .

Yea i know but still, plenty of space to get your hair tangled up in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Video for new single is up on youtube.

Yea the video seems too self indulgent crap from clown to me, they were even on mtv premier ffs.

I feel like slipknot have turned into a pop band now or somthing!!

Advertisement