Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2fm DJ Nikki Hayes - The Sunday Tribune

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The fickle world of showbiz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Hi

fair play to Nikki for saying it how it is. About industry friends who deserted her in time of need.

http://www.tribune.ie/news/article/2008/jun/29/assaulted-radio-host-brands-ireland-a-nation-of-be/

That's all very vague. Why would friends desert her after she got beaten up? What am I missing here?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

That's all very vague. Why would friends desert her after she got beaten up? What am I missing here?

What is she going on about in a National Paper about a personal issue??? Jeeze the ego of the publicity seeking woman.......presents a two hour "show" on obscure radion slot.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

What is she going on about in a National Paper about a personal issue??? Jeeze the ego of the publicity seeking woman.......presents a two hour "show" on obscure radion slot.........

I wouldn,t call lunchtime on a national station an obscure radio slot.

She was badly treated after the with some very nasty rumours being circulated about her, most of which have been proven to be malicious Fair play to her for speaking out, she is correct about the begrudgers in the industry and general public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Still don't know why some of her friends deserted her? Presumably it had something to do with all these rumours?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Still don't know why some of her friends deserted her? Presumably it had something to do with all these rumours?
    Why? Because thats what a lot of radio people are like....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »

Nothing like a good ole sweeping generalisation!

Nothing like a good ole sweeping generalisation!
    You're correct. That was nothing like a good ole sweeping generalisation.

You're correct. That was nothing like a good ole sweeping generalisation.

Unless you know a fair amount of people in the industry that - "Still don't know why some of her friends deserted her? Presumably it had something to do with all these rumours?" - done something along those lines... Then yes, it was, yet again, another sweeping generalisation. A ridiculous one at that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

The Muppet wrote: »
    I wouldn,t call lunchtime on a national station an obscure radio slot.

She was badly treated after the with some very nasty rumours being circulated about her, most of which have been proven to be malicious Fair play to her for speaking out, she is correct about the begrudgers in the industry and general public.

Well...OK..it's better than being on Spin or Phantom I suppose..but what gets up my nose is the way these self styled "celebrities" run whining to the National Newspapers complaining about their friends "letting them down" - who the hell cares huh ??.

Everybody knows that RTE bunch are so far up their own rears that they completely loose grip on reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Just read the article. There is absolutely nothing of any significance in that article at all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 RobertaHQ

Nikki Hayes is like an Irish version of Kerry Katona (except that most normal people don't really know who she is).

I for one look forward to watching the downward slope this publicity seeking wreck is on.

She clearly doesn't care about her dignity and will stop at nothing for a few column inches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Just read the article. There is absolutely nothing of any significance in that article at all..

+ 1

Unless you know a fair amount of people in the industry that - "Still don't know why some of her friends deserted her? Presumably it had something to do with all these rumours?" - done something along those lines... Then yes, it was, yet again, another sweeping generalisation. A ridiculous one at that.
    I can't make any sense of what your point is.:eek:

It is obvious that you're not involved in the industry,or if you are,you have been lucky not to have seen the side that others have including Nikki have.
    Heres another "sweeping generalisation":There are also a lot of great people in Irish radio.Are you going to find fault with that statement or is it a case of "Unless I know a fair amount of people in the industry"?
    Your argument is based on your ignorance of wether or not I know a lot of people in the industry.That is what is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

kmick wrote: »
    + 1
    RobertaHQ wrote: »
    Nikki Hayes is like an Irish version of Kerry Katona (except that most normal people don't really know who she is).

I for one look forward to watching the downward slope this publicity seeking wreck is on.

She clearly doesn't care about her dignity and will stop at nothing for a few column inches.

Not really any need for her to make that comment so. QED. :rolleyes: Why read something when you know how you're going to react to it. My own eyes glazed, over one paragraph into it.
    We are not good with success and successful(even the moderately successful) people and relish any chance to have a go at them.

That said the level of assaults on our streets are unacceptable yet all they do is provide fodder for our sense of outrage.

It is obvious that you're not involved in the industry,or if you are,you have been lucky not to have seen the side that others have including Nikki have.
    Heres another "sweeping generalisation":There are also a lot of great people in Irish radio.Are you going to find fault with that statement or is it a case of "Unless I know a fair amount of people in the industry"?
    Your argument is based on your ignorance of wether or not I know a lot of people in the industry.That is what is ridiculous.

You replied to this:

With this:

How does your statement answer the question?

Are you trying to say that when radio presenters get assaulted, that their colleagues desert them?

Are you trying to say that they don't make good friends?

Are you trying to say most people that work in radio aren't 'nice' people?

That's why I say it's a sweeping generalisation... because there is no real meaning to be interpreted from what you say. It just stinks of the general "people that work in radio are assholes" rubbish.

Since you asked, I do work in the industry and have done for years. Of course there are people that I personally dislike. However, I can certainly say that about people in every other sector I have worked in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

In my case there were a lot of people going around talking to newspapers about stories they weren't involved in, but at the time I couldn't answer or come out and say 'that's wrong'. I just had to put up with it for five long weeks,"
    I'll just say there is an awful lot more to the attack which I can't talk about right now.

Synopsis : I have absolutely nothing of interest to say, but since I have gotten used to media attention, I have allowed a cleavage shot and a non-story to be printed in a Sunday paper in an effort to get people to talk about me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

Gratuitous cleavage poses like that are a real cry for attention...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Well...OK..it's better than being on Spin or Phantom I suppose..but what gets up my nose is the way these self styled "celebrities" run whining to the National Newspapers complaining about their friends "letting them down" - who the hell cares huh ??.

Everybody knows that RTE bunch are so far up their own rears that they completely loose grip on reality.

What's a self styled celebritiy? Like her or not she has a prime gig on the national airwaves which has put her in the public eye, for some that would be considered celebrity status and make her story newsworthy.

I don't know the reason for running the story so I wouldn't be in a position to know whether she "ran to the papers" with it or if a journalist decided to follow up on the assault and what followed.

The fact that it is being discussed here means that some cares enough to start a thread and discuss her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Ah now people, let's not descend into insults. If you don't like someone in the media and don't know them personally then thats up to you. But no need to get personal.

I actually know Nikki. She's a nice girl. Doesn't deserve a slagging.

A.

• Advertisement

How does your statement answer the question?

Are you trying to say that when radio presenters get assaulted, that their colleagues desert them?

Are you trying to say that they don't make good friends?

Are you trying to say most people that work in radio aren't 'nice' people?

That's why I say it's a sweeping generalisation... because there is no real meaning to be interpreted from what you say. It just stinks of the general "people that work in radio are assholes" rubbish.

Since you asked, I do work in the industry and have done for years. Of course there are people that I personally dislike. However, I can certainly say that about people in every other sector I have worked in.

Lets be clear on a few basic points here.

When I said "a lot" I meant "a lot" NOT "most".

I NEVER mentioned anything about "assault".

I NEVER said anything about "them not making good friends"

I NEVER said "most people that work in radio aren't 'nice' people"

"That's why I say it's a sweeping generalisation... because there is no real meaning to be interpreted from what you say. It just stinks of the general "people that work in radio are assholes" rubbish."

Since you are unable to differentiate between the terms "a lot" and "most" then I'm unable to comment on that statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

What ever happened her on that night in question it got out of hand with rumours and whispers about her future on 2fm. I think both her employers could have put it to bed weeks ago but they didn't and it got out of hand a bit.

Lets be clear on a few basic points here.

When I said "a lot" I meant "a lot" NOT "most".

I NEVER mentioned anything about "assault".

I NEVER said anything about "them not making good friends"

I NEVER said "most people that work in radio aren't 'nice' people"

"That's why I say it's a sweeping generalisation... because there is no real meaning to be interpreted from what you say. It just stinks of the general "people that work in radio are assholes" rubbish."

Since you are unable to differentiate between the terms "a lot" and "most" then I'm unable to comment on that statement.

You need to slow down and read my post again ... I'm not implying you said any of those things. Simply asking what you meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Im going to sound like a troll, but who cares.

Her friends left her alone, sounds like she locked her self up for 5 weeks. I was attacked in a nightclub, never made a newspaper!
    Somebody is making a return to work needs publicity. Gets an article in the newspaper, during a no news week.

Now the girl off newstalk who was attacked, she deserves a fan fare return!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm closing this thread as I really don't have time to babysit it making sure people aren't making claims that will get boards.ie in legal trouble.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement