Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Night Of Champions Predictions

• 29-06-2008 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

Probably the hardest PPV to predict in a while because of the draft. Here's how I see it

WWE Champion Triple H vs. John Cena (WWE Championship Match)
    It's presumed that one of the main titles is changing hands because of both titles being on Smackdown at the moment. I really don't have a clue which one. I don't think that they'll have the titles switch brands again, which would mean HHH loses. But that would leave Edge as champ on Smackdown and with the Undertaker apparently returning soon he'd have to feud with Edge. And I don't know if they can keep HHH out of the title picture again. I'll go with HHH retaining

World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs Batista (World Heavyweight Championship Match)
    So Batista winning here would make more sense

ECW Champion Kane vs. Big Show vs. Mark Henry (Triple Threat ECW Championship Match)
    Probably Mark Henry seeing as he's the only one on ECW. Kane's got to be losing it though

World Tag Team Champions Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes vs. Ted DiBiase & ??? (World Tag Team Championship Match)
    Ted DiBiase and his partner. People are assuming that Cody will turn on Holly, which I am as well, but that would mean that it will end with Cody not holding a tag title. I haven't a clue who DiBiase's partner will be. Maybe someone from FCW

WWE Tag Team Champions John Morrison & The Miz vs. Finlay & Hornswoggle (WWE Tag Team Championship Match)
    Morrison and Miz to retain. I can stand Miz now, the two of them are an alright tag team

United States Champion Matt Hardy vs. Chavo Guerrero (United States Championship Match)
    Matt Hardy to retain for now

WWE Women's Champion Mickie James vs. Katie Lea Burchill (WWE Women's Championship Match)
    Mickie to pick up the win, I don't think Katie's got any sort of momentum behind her to warrant a title win just yet

Rumoured IC title match - Chris Jericho vs a mystery opponent
    The opponent is rumoured as
    Jeff Hardy
    . I think Jericho will retain

That Smackdown women's title seems to have been forgotten about

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

HHH to retain

World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs Batista (World Heavyweight Championship Match)

Batista to win

ECW Champion Kane vs. Big Show vs. Mark Henry (Triple Threat ECW Championship Match)

dont really care but probably Henry

World Tag Team Champions Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes vs. Ted DiBiase & ??? (World Tag Team Championship Match)

TDB Jnr with his partner..........................The Irish Curse SOS ;) ha to win

WWE Tag Team Champions John Morrison & The Miz vs. Finlay & Hornswoggle (WWE Tag Team Championship Match)

i think this could go either way but probably more in the favour of Miz/Morrison

United States Champion Matt Hardy vs. Chavo Guerrero (United States Championship Match)

hopefully matt since there is no real rivalry goin on so build it up more and possibly a title change later on

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

HHH to retain

Batista to win

dont really care but probably Henry

TDB Jnr with his partner..........................The Irish Curse SOS ;) ha to win

i think this could go either way but probably more in the favour of Miz/Morrison

hopefully matt since there is no real rivalry goin on so build it up more and possibly a title change later on

WWE Women's Champion Mickie James vs. Katie Lea Burchill (WWE Women's Championship Match)

Mickie to retain

if it is the rumoured person that fozz said it was then possibly a title change so Y2J can move up in the ranks after the HBK fued

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Fozzy wrote: »

Ive cut off Sky for the close season so have not been watching any WWE, but that looks to be the worst match I could ever think of. Awful awful stuff I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

HHH

Batista

Henry

DiBiase and co

Morrison and Miz

Matt Hardy

Mickie

Jericho to lose and move up the ladder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

HHH

Edge

Mark Henry

Ted DiBiase & Ted DiBiase Sr.

Finlay & Hornswoggle.

Matt Hardy

Mickie James

Mystery Opponent - My Guess Rey Mysterio or if he isn't fit (I am not sure if he is back wrestling yet) CM Punk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Cena wins. La Familia interferes costs HHH the match.

Edge wins

Mark Henry wins

Cody Rhodes turns heel and joins Ted DiBiase Jnr new champions

Morrison and Miz to retain.

Matt Hardy to retain

Katie Lea Burchill to win - Paul and/or Beth causes Mickie to lose.

Y2J V CM Punk / Jeff Hardy or Rey Mysterio with Y2J winning maybe Cade interferes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I'm going with these...

Cena

Edge

Mark Henry

Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes

Miz and Morrison

Matt Hardy

Katie lea
    Jericho retains.

I have a full preview though here...

http://www.wwepreview.com/2008/06/wwe-night-of-champions-ppv-preview/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

WWE Championship Match: Triple H (c) vs. John Cena
    I understand John has his flaws, but to be honest Hunters reign has being dull as **** so I have no problem with Cena holding the belt and lets face it he is much bigger draw than Hunter.

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Edge (c) vs Batista

I have a horrid feeling that Batista wins this despite an absurd amount of interference from Edges jobbers. It wont help Edge to lose the belt so quick, he really needs a long term reign.

ECW Championship Match: Kane (c) vs. Big Show vs. Mark Henry
    Awful match, I want Big Show to win as he is less rubbish than the other two, but I think Henry gets the belt and expect the ratings to soar!

WWE World Tag Team Championship Match: Cody Rhodes & Hardcore Holly (c) vs. Ted DiBiase Jr & Mystery Partner

What Spiteface said! I will be glad to see Holly without the belt so I expect this should be a good segment.

WWE Tag Team Championship Match: John Morrison & The Miz (c) vs. Finlay & Hornswoggle
    Jesus Christ Miz and Morrison have to retain and if they lose which they really should not to a crap comedy act, I would prefer to see Miz take the fall. Horny pinning Morrison would sicken me..

United States Championship Match: Matt Hardy (c) vs. Chavo Guerrero

It will be absurd if Matt loses the belt to a midcarder like Chavo especially after he was put over clean over MVP. It will be good match though.

WWE Women's Championship Match: Mickie James (c) vs. Katie Lea Burchill

Micki will hold this for a few months, I’m not pushed either way.

Jericho v mystery opponent
    I expect it to be Punk, with Cade interfering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I can see them splitting up Morrison & Miz I don't watch SM or ECW so don't know but both aren't going to get much bigger in terms of popularity so I don't see why they wouldn't split them up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I can see them splitting up Morrison & Miz I don't watch SM or ECW so don't know but both aren't going to get much bigger in terms of popularity so I don't see why they wouldn't split them up now.

They are without a doubt one of the highlights in the WWE these days, no reason to split them up, especially on ECW where it would make little impact and generate hardly any momentum

• Advertisement
Advertisement