Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Numark hdmix vs denon hd2500

• 29-06-2008 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hey just want to know if anyone has used any of these systems?, i like the numark as its all in one, inc a key board, but the denon i have used and like it a lot , but unlike the numark you need to buy cd players to suit if you want them(for back up i suppose).And you must by a keyboard too.

any feedback good or bad would be great,

Cheers
    Bandit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Both systems have there issues tbh. Look at both of the units forums and see the feed back. Numarks DDS is out in a few weeks and comes with a rack mounted CD/DVD & HD unit.

Denon's stuff is not MAC friendly if thats anything to you either.

Both support the addition of USB cd drives and almost everykind of USB device also.

I went with the Numark unit mainly cause of the online support from the actual people that develop them, plus if you've any issue you can contact them via the phone or the net and you get a answer, unlike with Denon, where i got no help with initial questions.

Also, I would never fly solo with any HD based unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭arsebandit

I hadn't seen the dds, looks impresive , but only 1 cd player? tbh i'm not a fan of numark mixers so maybe this would be an idea, how much and where did you pick yours up? i would like to try before i buy, my problem with one cd player is what happens if and i say if ,your hd gives a problem? at least you could carry on with cd if need be? im currently useing cdn 88 and never had a problem.but to be able just to walk into a gig without bringing in 8 folder of cds would be a joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Im using the Numark D2. Great unit, when it works correct. 70 odd gigs and only 2 errors. I've been bring a dual cd unit with me, but friday i'm going with out it and going solo on the D2. Well ipod back ups, just incase.

Im using a denon DN500 mixer, great mixer. Very solid.

The DDS is new, you can still get D2 for around 400euro. Not sure if there is anywhere in Ireland that has them to try out.

arsebandit wrote: »
    tbh i'm not a fan of numark mixers

:eek: bad experience? there great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭arsebandit

i have used about 4 different numark mixers from 2 channel to 4 channel, high end and they have always gave trouble i.e breaking down on 1 side (very common) and crackilng faders after little use 2/3 months, i gave up now using pioneer djm 1000 ok its big buck but its the dogs!

• Advertisement
Advertisement