Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advise on accomodation around oranmore

Options
  • 29-06-2008 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

hey can anyone help me im going to oranmore to work in sept but will be doing a night course in nuig. can anyone suggest some places to rent i dont know galway very well. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

niamhchick wrote: »
    hey can anyone help me im going to oranmore to work in sept but will be doing a night course in nuig. can anyone suggest some places to rent i dont know galway very well. cheers

Depends if you have a car or not.

Ballybrit/Doughiska/Renmore would be in a line between Oranmore and NUIG.

How many nights a week is the course, if only one or two, oranmore itself might be best.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 niamhchick

Depends if you have a car or not.

Ballybrit/Doughiska/Renmore would be in a line between Oranmore and NUIG.

How many nights a week is the course, if only one or two, oranmore itself might be best.

ya i'l have a car. will be in nuig about three nights a week. whats oranmore like to live in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

niamhchick wrote: »
    ya i'l have a car. will be in nuig about three nights a week. whats oranmore like to live in?
    Lucky ;) You'll be missing the crazy rush-hour traffic.

Oranmore is grand. Well built up and no shortage of businesses, a little lacking in recreational amenities perhaps. Not that far from town either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Depends I guess on how often you see yourself going out into Galway for weekends and other nights out cause the buses are pretty thin on the ground into the city, though I have done it many a time and not had a problem.

Oranmore itself has plenty of pubs and restaurants for a place of its size and few other things like a cinema bowling etc out at city limits.
    I am biased but think its a good place to live even with commuter drive in to Galway (I'm at NUIG also)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Oranmore is a great place to base yourself if you have a car.
    It's got enough going on to keep you happy and if you time the traffic right you can get into the city in 7 mins (8:30 sunday morning). Buses aren't too bad, and coming home on a night out you can usually find someone to share a taxi with.

Try and find somewhere near the centre of Oranmore so you don't have to drive or walk too much

• Advertisement
Advertisement