Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SRS - how long does it take?

Options
  • 29-06-2008 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi lads. I've to have my SRS for History done in two weeks basically (because of holidays, etc). I have 4 books and intend on reading one or two of them in full so I can get an idea what of the topic I'm doing is about. Then I plan to write out my SRS taking notes from all four.

Can I get this done? I've found it hard to get down to work so far.

I've to do my extended essay and evaluation of sources.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

You have ages until it actually has to be done. I would tell you to avoid this during your summer holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Signature

Jakkass wrote: »
    You have ages until it actually has to be done. I would tell you to avoid this during your summer holidays.

Thanks. :) That helps but the teacher I have is really good and everyone is to have theirs done by the time we back.

So could I get it roughly done in 2 weeks do you think?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

If you must get it done by all means go ahead but don't constrain yourself to the two weeks, if you don't get in finished, whatever, you have until April. Don't try and rush it in the time. We're lucky to have be given the 20% so we may as well get all of it!
    There's a lot of reading, re-reading and analysing. Be prepared with post-its and those page marker yokes! Even if you don't write the essay in the two weeks having that much ground work done will be a credit to you.
    Even when you hand it up in September it won't be the final one. I did about five drafts of mine to get it as close to perfect as possible.
    Be thankful for your teacher, mine decided to do most of the work for it during the orals :rolleyes: Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭eyresquare

i left mine till the nite before it had to be handed in (sometime in april).that included thinking what to do it on.i did ordinary though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Signature

Thanks!

Well I've a couple days to go until my holidays and only 2 chapters done! Hopefully I will have much more done by the end of today. I still have a week til school after my holidays.

• Advertisement
Advertisement