Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend scuba course in North Dublin

• 29-06-2008 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Myself and gf are going to Bali in September and want to do some diving while there, so are looking to do a course before that here. Can anyone recommend one here on the Northside of Dublin.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭elcowboyspace

Hi there.

The club I dive with are called Dive Inn Scuba. It's based in Donaghmede in the trinity sports and leisure centre. Handy to get to from anywhere in the city via the M50. If you're in a rush they can normally get you through the whole lot in 1-2 weeks depending on how busy things are. Nice friendly club, very welcoming.

Alternatively you could try ocean divers who use the NAC out in blanchardstown for training. They're a lot more stirct on course schedules and only start up beginnnign course every 6-7 weeks. Good quality of training but not as friendly a bunch really. I did my training with them, I cant fault it in anyway and out instructor was great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The club I dive with are called Dive Inn Scuba. It's based in Donaghmede in the trinity sports and leisure centre. quote]

Hey cowboy
    Have you anymore details on this club? I just moved to the area a few months ago and am interested in joining a club? I'm not a beginner but haven't a wealth of experience yet (20-25dives)

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭elcowboyspace

Hi,

sure, no problem. As I said it's baded in trinity sports centre just a stones throw from donaghmede shopping centre. Your own level of experience is of no real importance since all are welcome and the club gets a decent amount of new open water trainees during the summer months. Within the club theres a good mix of all levels of experience from openwaters up to DM's and instructors.

If you want to check out their website the link is www.diveinnscuba.com but I think it's still a work in progress. There are numbers up there and email addresses to get in contact anyway. The instructors/owners are Joe and Audrey so either one will give you whatever info you need.

Your best bet really is to try drop down around between 7:30 and 8:30 on a tuesday evening as thats the pool night and you'll meet some of the lads and ladies and get an idea of whats goin on.

Hopefully see you soon, :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Cheers Man. Yeah I know Trinity sports centre pretty well. I'll get onto that one next week. Thanks

Dropped down there tonight and met Joe and Audrey. They seem really nice so am gonna try and get in some dives in the next few weeks. Thanks for the info and I'm sure I'll bump into you on one of the dives!!!!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

I used to dive with Dive Inn and left due to some unsafe practices i witnessed when diving with them. Some of the guys there think that dive rules do not apply to them, especially some divemasters. You should make up your own mind however when diving with any group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭kelzer

So what did you witness? I was going to call up to these guys but you have out me off now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

kelzer wrote: »
    So what did you witness? I was going to call up to these guys but you have out me off now!

well a couple of the divemasters on a foreign trip decided mid dive that they would separate and do their own drift dive!! They did not even bother to send up an SMB and when we did a rescue mission from the boat in search of them they just laughed at the dive boat operator and didnt even apologise.

There were more similar events which i wont get into but i certianly wont dive with the group again.

Advertisement