Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dose anyone agree

Options
  • 29-06-2008 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭

That reading is one of the greatest pleasures in life ....its up there with sex, food, a glass of wine, and lovely music, ....when I'm reading a great book the world seems to fall away.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭sxt

Yep,immersing yourself in a epic read is hard to beat for sure:).Especially on a cold and frosty night with a hot mug of tea and several hob nobs:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

+1
    time spent reading is never time wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

One of my favourite things. Now that must make me pathetic? I guess its true...

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Definitely. Has happened more than once where hours just disappeared because I was so engrossed in a book.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭beautiation

God yeah. And it's especially comparable to the things you mentioned because wherever you are and no matter how you're feeling, a good book can always take you away in a second. And it's actually better than some of the things you said because of its availability, you can't have sex on the commute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

, you can't have sex on the commute!

Say's who ??:p

I'm going to say that it's better than sex, ok sex is great but lets face it a book lasts longer ??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nothing lieka good book, especially a ten book series. It's always so sad when teh good ones end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭greenapplesea

Without a doubt- there is nothing better than settling down in an armchair beside a window on a cold, rainy night with a mug of tea in your hand!!! :p

Sex comes a close second!! Ha!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

It makes a 75 bus ride in the morning and afternoon a whole lot better that's for sure. That and I think I'm only one of five total that I've noticed reading on that bus. :D

Advertisement