Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Secure External Bell Wiring

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

Paul83 wrote: »
    Cadser,

I'm looking to change my back door sensor to an inertia sensor do I have to go back to the main box. The back window is also on the circuit there are 2 cables at the back door and the back window is an end of line inertia sensor with tamper.Basically do i need to add more resistors,thanks

The two cables are just a loop in the cable. One end going to the next window and the other end to the panel. If there is already a sensor on the door just note the way the cable is wired into the sensor e.g. tamper and alarm, and wire the new sensor in the same.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

NO just replace the device on the door at the moment. With an MC (combined sensor & contact)
    Wire in the sam as the existing device . If there are already inertia sensors on that zone it should already be programmed to analyze inertia sensors. Just set the alarm & test to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Deltarom

Where can we connect internal siren tamper wires? There is no option to connect internal siren tamper wire in the panel board.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can series them into tamper return from the external bell or into any zone tamper input .

Advertisement