Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Delay with Certificate of Competency

Options
  • 29-06-2008 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

So, I had my test on the June 13th and passed. I didn't get my cert the day of, due to some reason with the test centres computers. To date, I STILL haven't gotten it, though I've been assured it's in the post.

Is anyone else having the same problem? A lot of good it did my passing the test if I can't even get my licence :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,994 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I never heard of that happening before! Are the Certificates of Competency not hand written? :confused:

(Excuse my possible ignorance but they were hand written the last time I did a test).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I did my test in May and my certificate looked like it just came from a book of them and was signed by the tester.
    It definately was not printed there and then, unlike the sheet with your faults which they print (SGS).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

that is odd - when I got mine they just had a book of them and they just filled in my name and the tester signed and dated it [was with SGS] Did they give you anything in writting to say you'd passed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

I didn't anything from them saying that I'd passed, but on one occasion when I rang them, they confirmed that I had passed and that 'it's in the post'.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same problems, but apparently not...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

When I passed my test as far as I remember I had to sign the cert aswell as the tester. I got mine on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭Daith

helios wrote: »
    I didn't anything from them saying that I'd passed, but on one occasion when I rang them, they confirmed that I had passed and that 'it's in the post'.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same problems, but apparently not...

Eh it's very weird. You can't ring them and tell them you can collect it at the center? Explain that with the new laws you want to get your cert and your full license asap.

Advertisement