Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox3 plugin for Boards.ie completed.

Options
  • 29-06-2008 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

You can get the plugin at the development forum.

This replaces the old plugin (which doesn't really work anymore).

FEATURES
    - Faster then previous plugin.
    - Much less network traffic.
    - Option to add a toolbar button which acts like the status bar button.
    - Can set a default action for toolbar button.
    - Themes (thanks to SadisticSilence and DonkeyStyle\o/)
    - Can set to monitor for PMs and/or subs.

Known issues
    - Customise Toolbars can make icons vanish from toolbar (fixes on browser restart).
    - Preferences don't take effect until browser restart.
    - Does not support small/large icons settings correctly.

If you have a bug
    1. In Firefox type URL about:config.
    2. Add a new variable called boardsie.debug with value of true (if already exists set to true).
    3. Open error console and attempt to reproduce issue.
    4. report results in forum where you got the plugin.

If you find it useful please leave a thanks on the plugin thread. :) thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

latest version: boardspm3.2008.06.30

Same thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Just installed it now, working perfectly, great feature :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Question: Is this a plugin that would be appropriate to all users or is it only relevant to mods/admins etc? I don't really understand what it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Question: Is this a plugin that would be appropriate to all users or is it only relevant to mods/admins etc? I don't really understand what it does.

It is for all users. It will monitor your PMs and Subscriptions and if there is an update your status bar or toolbar icon (if you have put it on the toolbar) lights up. Also comes with menu options and other features.

For example.
    58659.jpg58660.jpg

58661.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I installed mine, and it doesn't seem to be doing anything, no icons, nothing.

So I need to be un-invisible?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

DesF wrote: »
    I installed mine, and it doesn't seem to be doing anything, no icons, nothing.

So I need to be un-invisible?
    For me it turns up at the very bottom right hand corner of the browser and pops up once clicked on. Can't remember what was there before but it took a short while to spot it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Rb wrote: »
    For me it turns up at the very bottom right hand corner of the browser and pops up once clicked on. Can't remember what was there before but it took a short while to spot it :)

Thanks Rb.

It was there all along.

:o

Advertisement