Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what the hell can i do with...

Options
  • 29-06-2008 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

a pass arts degree?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It could come in handy if you run out of loo roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 saaaaakkkkeee

touche

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

mcdonalds.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

you are paying private for more education & loving mcdonalds

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 corkonian1

I sit on interview panels a lot in my job and it might be worth asking that question from my side of the table. These are some factors that might come into play.
    1. The applicant has a college degree. Chances are she / he can think, write, organise his/her work to a reasonable standard.
    2. He/she has at least some interest in self-development to say that he/she went to third level.
    3. The applicant learned enough to get a pass degree. (Colleges do not hand out pass marks cheaply. Ask anybody who put in the work and still failed.) So, chances are we can train the applicant into the job we are recruiting for.
    4. Depending on what the applicant studied, he/she may have demonstrated an interest in our field or a relevant or related field.
    5. A person with a college degree spent at least three years in third level. Chances are he/she has matured into a rounded personality. He/she may have spent less time in the library and more time playing hockey or football or something, but we prefer the flexibility and personality of all-rounders. We hire attitude, not knowledge or skill.
    6. A high-flying graduate might be using my company as a stepping stone. No thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

a pass arts degree?

you are at level 7 now. move to level 8 with a 1 year add on honours degree or a post-grad diploma. there are post-grad courses that acccept pass degrees. check it all out on www.qualifax.ie

Advertisement