Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dame St

Options
  • 29-06-2008 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭

Greetings!

We all know the statue on Dame St that nestles within the fountain. How come every second time I see it, it is full of foam?

Does someone decide to throw some Fairy Liquid in there for the craic? Is this an everyday "artistic" scene? Or has somebody actually seen anyone make this bubbly fun?? :)

Just something I noticed on the bus today!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Zwillinge wrote: »

Does someone decide to throw some Fairy Liquid in there for the craic?

Basically. Seen people doing it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Is that the Thomas Davis monument?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Is that the Thomas Davis monument?

Nope it's the thing just before than as you come around College Green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Near the taxi rank.

It always gives me a little smile when I see the foam tbh.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

well when the anna liva statue was on o'connell street, people were also putting washing up liquad in it.

so i would say thats what it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Remember in my local village we got a fountain thing, and the same thing was happening. My brother used to run the shop beside it and had the guards come in asking him is "Anyone suspicious came in to buy Fairy liquid" :D:D:D:D
    Needless to say he ratted out noone! Probably was him actually the big child!

Advertisement