Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Railgun benchrest ?

Options
  • 29-06-2008 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Whats your opinion on this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfHqzlCPgS8

Far as I can see all the work is done before you shoot and all you do is gauge the wind. I've seen some videos like this where the shooter has the trigger rigged to a button on a lead and when they judge the wind to be right they trigger it to fire the rifle.

Dunno about anybody else but while I respect the ability to judge wind etc while shooting at 1000yds I think this takes the human aspect out of shooting. Just doesn't look like fun to me. Each to their own and all but not my cup of tea.

Any thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

i agree heckler but its a good way to zero your rifle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

30 yards inch grouping on an air rifle(springer)ftw!(with no artificial help)!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

This video confuses me, what exactly is the point of this discipline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

a little bit mad:eek:not for me and my .22 rinfire:D steve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

The bloke himself doesnt even look like he is having much fun! Toss in the bullet pull the trigger, toss in the bullet pull the trigger........ maybe it might be more fun blindfolded and with a box of mixed ammo while on fire and naked painted green.:D:D

And why does he botter looking in the sight?? if it is not going to move off centre why why why?? Did anyone else notice the blue car drive up bullet side of the firing points?

• Advertisement

chem wrote: »
    The bloke himself doesnt even look like he is having much fun! Toss in the bullet pull the trigger, toss in the bullet pull the trigger........ maybe it might be more fun blindfolded and with a box of mixed ammo while on fire and naked painted green.:D:D

hi chem set him on fire:eek:do you know how much petrol is:palso around
    football season green paint is also hard to get:D:D:Dsteve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

To any ESB workers do not watch this clip:pac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTF6hzm6Gxw&feature=related

chem wrote: »
    To any ESB workers do not watch this clip:pac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTF6hzm6Gxw&feature=related

that a great clip did you here everbody telling the shooter to hight to low
    it went right it went left i would have shoot that fuc-er and his friends
    steve:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Looks like the constructor's cup in formula one racing. Boring to anyone not doing it.
    Meh. They look happy, it's safe, let 'em at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mantas_jok

• Advertisement

mantas_jok wrote: »
    very good mantas_joe .dear fo i would like to have .22 for fishing:D

Advertisement