Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library Closing Times

Options
  • 29-06-2008 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Whats the dealio with the library closing at 5:30? Is it like this every summer. I cant remember getting kicked out this early last summer . Is it to counterbalance the longer pre-exam opening hours (costs ect?). Anyone know when the library will be back to its propper 10pm times? Anyone doing postgrad work? How do they find this affects them a month before thesis submisson?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭June2008

I think the library will start closing at half 9 from tomorrow onwards. As far as I know it was only a June thing prob to give the library folk a break! But from now on its half 9 mon to fri and half 5 sat and sun

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Not strictly true unfortunately, looks like a big cut back on hours across the board...

http://www.ucd.ie/library/about/opening_hours/summer_opening_hours/index.html

JJ is only doing evenings Tuesday-Thursday and reading room only on Saturdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Well the 3 days a week normal hours has always been there during the summer, but I don't recall the entire month of 5.30 closing times for June. So tomorrow is back to some normality.

Its really quite bad IMO, and shows that UCD will never be the postgraduate research centre that makes some Universities so appealing. For those of us who prefer the library over study rooms its annoying and had I known early that June was going to be a half-five job I'd have taken the rooms on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

scop wrote: »
    Well the 3 days a week normal hours has always been there during the summer, but I don't recall the entire month of 5.30 closing times for June. So tomorrow is back to some normality.

Its really quite bad IMO, and shows that UCD will never be the postgraduate research centre that makes some Universities so appealing. For those of us who prefer the library over study rooms its annoying and had I known early that June was going to be a half-five job I'd have taken the rooms on offer.

Agree, I am deffo going to do Postgrad in Trinners now (hangs head in shame).

Advertisement