Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REALLY nice marinade

Options
  • 30-06-2008 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭

I use this for tofu before frying with mushrooms and tomatos (I call it....Tofu thing), but I suppose you could use it for anything, found it in some cookbook years ago, can't remember what

Balsamic
    Soy sauce
    Few cloves of garlic
    Root ginger

It is GORGEOUS, especially if you pour it over the frying tofu and veg for the last twenty second or so of frying, nyom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Stef1979

pardon my ignorance...i've bought tofu 2-3 times but never got around to cooking it...is it really as easy as lobbing it in the frying pan...and how long do you leave it for...the packet gives no information...should I chop it into squares??...any guidance would be appreciated:o

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Yep slice it up and marinade it for anything from 0.5hrs to over night.

That sounds like a lovely simple marinade!

Taifun do a range of flavored tofu and tofu products. Burgers and sausages- I chop these up and use them like the block.

You only really have to heat it through. I slice it up as a pizza topping, I add them to pasta, salads, stirfrys, curries, casseroles, pies etc.

I also bake it to give it a crispier texture.

Advertisement