Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Had a tyre blow out !!NEED: alloy wheel (original) for Volkswagen Cabriolet 1.8 (199

Options
  • 30-06-2008 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Ok I'm such a girl!!! right this is the deal everyone. I know very little about my own car! (like I'm in a confession box!). I was driving on the Naas motorway and my tyre blew out and fked up the wheel/alloy. I'm completely broke at the moment but need a second hand wheel for the car (I need it to drive up and down to me ma and pa being a culchie). I'm hoping to get the same, original wheel (with the 'VW' on it) for as little as possible. Can anyone help me!? my little baby looks silly with the safety tyre on! and I'm too afraid to drive anywhere on it. I really appreciate any help. Thanks guys.

p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Ok I'm such a girl!!! right this is the deal everyone. I know very little about my own car! (like I'm in a confession box!). I was driving on the Naas motorway and my tyre blew out and fked up the wheel/alloy. I'm completely broke at the moment but need a second hand wheel for the car (I need it to drive up and down to me ma and pa being a culchie). I'm hoping to get the same, original wheel (with the 'VW' on it) for as little as possible. Can anyone help me!? my little baby looks silly with the safety tyre on! and I'm too afraid to drive anywhere on it. I really appreciate any help. Thanks guys.

p

try local breakers yards to see what they have and keep an eye out in the buy and sell and the likes you could also but an ad in the wanted section over at http://www.adverts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

get the measurement on the side of the wheels....( on the tyres wall... should be 175/75/16 for example.... ) Very important ! as you dont want one being bigger then the rest !!

Advertisement