Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crepes?

• 30-06-2008 3:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

I recently discovered my favourite food ever, on a drinking holiday- the chocolate crepe i.e a crepe with Nutella spread and folded over into a sandwich, sold by little corner takeaways in Greece.... Had them at 6 in the morning after drinking, a la the kebab, and never looked back! Anyone else share a love of this foodstuff?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, they're fantastic. Even better with a spinkle of coconut over them. Mmm. I lived on them in France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

You can buy crepes in a good few places in Dublin, not just Greece :pac:

Yep, I love em too although I much prefer savoury crepes than sweet ones. Give me a cheese, bacon and mushroom crepe over a chocolate one any day :)

The Arts picturehouse in Cambridge (a cinema) has a great crepe bar where you can have a pint and crepe before you go into the movie. They let you take your drinks (wine, vodka, beer etc) into the film but not the crepes :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

They're on the menu nearly everywhere here. I think I may go for one today. Lovely stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

Sherifu wrote: »
    They're on the menu nearly everywhere here.

That's how it was in Greece, you could get them as a dessert in restaurants, or from bakeries, or, as I found out, from takeaways along with the chips and kebabs- a very welcome surprise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

they're really easy to make, we have them at least once a month, we have a couple with eggs ham spinach lots of cheese, mushrooms (basically anything you want) and then a couple of sugar and lemon or nutella!!! mmmm so good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Surely when in Greece souvlaki-pita is your only man for after-drinks grub.

Just back from Brittany, where along with crepes, they eat a lot of galettes (buckwheat crepe with savoury fillings). The complete galette, filled with ham and cheese and a fried egg on top, and a glass if cider makes a fine lunch.

Advertisement