Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Irish Accent in a fillum

Options
  • 30-06-2008 6:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭

Just watching the Jackal now. If people in the raa spoke like Richard Gere is right now, I dread to think how different Irish history may be today...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,865 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The worst is easily the shitehawk in that 'P.S. I Love You' bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

obl wrote: »
    Just watching the Jackal now. If people in the raa spoke like Richard Gere is right now, I dread to think how different Irish history may be today...
    I saw this thread and that was the first filum that came to mind.

What's-her-face in Micheal Collins comes a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,442 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Kevin Spacey in Ordinary Decent Criminal was pretty mixed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I can't believe no one mentioned Tom "didly-dildy oi" O'Cruise in Far and Away. I had to turn it off half way through because it was really embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭alkev

Mick Jagger in Ned Kelly

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Natasha McElhowen (or however you spell her name).
    That "Oirish" accent when she played the IRA gangster in Paris in "Ronin"......
    It was cringeworthy........

On a similar note- in "Heroes" the episodes that were supposedly in Cork- and the accents once again........ arrrrgghhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 40,865 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Oh actually, has anyone watched 'Burn Notice'? Great show but the accent your one Fiona had in the first few episodes was horrendous. Luckily they've now pretty much dropped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

The crowd in sin city were pretty bad. Not the worst i've ever heard mind you ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

smccarrick wrote: »
    Natasha McElhowen (or however you spell her name).
    That "Oirish" accent when she played the IRA gangster in Paris in "Ronin"......
    It was cringeworthy........

Hmm, I thought both herself and Jonathan Price did fairly well accent wise. Definitely not great, but nowhere near as bad as Tom Cruise or Gerard Butler.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Colin Farrell in Alexander. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,442 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Irish accents should be done by Irish people in Irish films.
    Alexander was just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

kowloon wrote: »
    Alexander was just wrong.

On every level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Oh actually, has anyone watched 'Burn Notice'? Great show but the accent your one Fiona had in the first few episodes was horrendous. Luckily they've now pretty much dropped it.

I was just going to post that. Good show though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Tom Cruise in Far and Away.
    Godawful accent in a godawful movie from a godawful gob****e.

(Google: Did you mean: far and away tom cruise accident?)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Heroes did a fair hatchet job last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

c - 13 wrote: »
    The crowd in sin city were pretty bad. Not the worst i've ever heard mind you ...
    Weren't they actually Irish actors as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

"The devils own" Bradley pitts "belfast" accent made it real hard to get into the film at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

humanji wrote: »
    Weren't they actually Irish actors as well?

Were they ? I never knew that. Maybe they were just overdoing it, plus the dialogue itself wouldn't have helped lend to the overall impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Irish accents should be done by Irish people in Irish films.
    Have you heard Pierce Brosnan's accent in Evelyn? Holy sh!te "Wheres me dhaughther?"

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Sherifu wrote: »
    Heroes did a fair hatchet job last season.

Ditto. Caitlin and Rocky in the Wandering Rock Pub in Cork... lol :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Yea Tom Cruise's accent in 'Far Away Home' is god awful, also Julia Roberts' accent in 'Michael Collins' was pretty sh*te...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Hrududu wrote: »
    Have you heard Pierce Brosnan's accent in Evelyn? Holy sh!te "Wheres me dhaughther?"

Pierce Brosnan is a paradox, an Irish actor who has the worst Irish accent ever!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭more tea vicar

What about stereotyped phrases they use in films, like ... "top of the morning tee yee" and talking about stuff like leprechauns, banshees, shillelaghs and the like.

My personal favourite is Tommy Lee Jones as Ryan Gerragggttthhyy in Blown away..hilarious

It's in there about 2 mins in,for anyone not familiar

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The ones in the current series of Heroes are pretty dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

How's about the girlfriend of Chevy Chase's caddy in Caddyshack...f**king dire! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

Alun wrote: »
    The ones in the current series of Heroes are pretty dire.

i think 'Caitlin' was in an episode of CSI:NY the other night and she was doing the same **** accent

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sean Connery in Untouchables. He doesn't even try.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

superfly wrote: »
    i think 'Caitlin' was in an episode of CSI:NY the other night and she was doing the same **** accent

Caitlin was dire but the "gardai" were worse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Sean Connery in Darby O'Gill and the little people. That was a real didly eye film anyway but his accent was terrible :p

Advertisement