Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Irish Accent in a fillum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There was a TV show last summer called Burn Notice in which Gabrielle Anwar, as an ex IRA member, produced an absolutely atrocious Irish accent for a couple of episodes which was quickly morphed into a tolerable American accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

fermoyboy wrote: »
    Heroes did a complete hatchet job on the whole Irishness thing.

Worst accents I'd ever heard....

Peter wanting his pounds back from the bookies...

English reg taxi etc
    Yeah totally agree.

Total joke of trying to be Ireland, few of the lads had muddled English/Irish/Norn Iron accents.

Stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Yep Gerard Butler in that PS sh1te had to be one of the worst. He should stick to being King of the Spartans me thinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

That Captain Planet thing was hilariously bad. Johnny Depp also did an 'Oirish' accent in 'Chocolat' that was just plain odd. The worst I've ever seen was on a Discovery Channel programe called 'A Haunting', where the 'true-life' experience of a family in a haunted house is dramatized. Anyhoo, there was one episode set in Ireland supposedly (but house looked like it belonged it a Californian suburb). The accents were appalling, the dad was aiming for a Donegal accent, and the daughter was had more of a Cork one . At one point she was screaming, 'da, da, the kurtans (curtains) moved be demselves!'. I think it's on youtube. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Holsten wrote: »
    Yeah totally agree.

Total joke of trying to be Ireland, few of the lads had muddled English/Irish/Norn Iron accents.

Stupid.

That was so bad - the guy that used to be on Star Trek Enterprise that Peter copped was trying to double cross them was the worst of them though

Where's me oipods!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Hrududu wrote: »
    Have you heard Pierce Brosnan's accent in Evelyn? Holy sh!te "Wheres me dhaughther?"

Was gonna point this one out. What a crock tbh.

You'd think that being semi Irish he'd want to do a decent job of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,442 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

There was a fillum made by the hallmark channel called "The Magical Legend of the Leprechauns". Hilarious, but any Irish person who collaborated should be taken around the back and shot. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

KTRIC wrote: »
    I can't believe no one mentioned Tom "didly-dildy oi" O'Cruise in Far and Away. I had to turn it off half way through because it was really embarrassing.

Bet everyone in the cinema thanked you for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,442 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

DanGerMus wrote: »
    Bet everyone in the cinema thanked you for that.

I crave that power.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

there was an episode of murder she wrote set in cork i think, worst oirish accents ever.
    and a film with vinny jones and micheal madsen that was shot in cork, again, dire oirish accents.
    and cork, terrible irish accent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Chris O' Donnell in Circle Of Friends. breeeeeewtal!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

worst is TOMMYLEE JONES in BLOWN AWAY by far:eek: shocking!

then gerard butler ps i love you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Acacia wrote: »
    That Captain Planet thing was hilariously bad. Johnny Depp also did an 'Oirish' accent in 'Chocolat' that was just plain odd. The worst I've ever seen was on a Discovery Channel programe called 'A Haunting', where the 'true-life' experience of a family in a haunted house is dramatized. Anyhoo, there was one episode set in Ireland supposedly (but house looked like it belonged it a Californian suburb). The accents were appalling, the dad was aiming for a Donegal accent, and the daughter was had more of a Cork one . At one point she was screaming, 'da, da, the kurtans (curtains) moved be demselves!'. I think it's on youtube. :D

That episode of Captain Planet is a masterpiece, I wont have a bad word said about it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 vobyrne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

eamon234 wrote: »
    That was so bad - the guy that used to be on Star Trek Enterprise that Peter copped was trying to double cross them was the worst of them though

Where's me oipods!!
    Slaaaaannnchaaaaaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ByrdsFan

Tom Cruise in Far & Away, most definately the worst attempt ive ever heard. But granted, as a general rule, I cant recall ever hearing any kind of decent put on Irish accent in any movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Yeah that accent he attempts in The Jackal is horrible, but then again put his accent on a few of the Dublin accents i've heard and ill take his fake accent attempt any day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

The main actor guy in PS I Love You.... trying to do an Irish accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Nickibaby* wrote: »

I was working in Australia when this film came out and two girls in work said I sounded like him?!?! :eek: I friggin hope not, I am actually Irish and a girl. :confused:

Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman in Far and Away is the worst I've seen.

That girl in Heroes who was going out with "Payter". Her name was something like Coleen or Caitlin or something. Coz we're all called that over here.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

Nickibaby* wrote: »

Definitely...but looking like he does, he can talk however he wants....*drools* :eek:

and I know it's not an IRISH accent, but has anyone seen The Edge of Love? Was that meant to be a Welsh accent Kiera Knightly was trying to pull off? Friggin shameful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Anyone say Boondock Saints yet?

Great film, terrible accents.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Now,take State of Grace..that film was about the irish mafia(the westies)and nobody even attempted to put on an irish accent and it was the betther for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

i remember a film years ago based in a plane, it had to crash land in shannon..the accent coming out of the control tower of 'shanwic international airport!' made me laugh histarically! anyone else remember this one?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

that parcor movie - district 13... the dubbed version, the lead guy has the worse dublin knack accent ever

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

that parcor movie - district 13... the dubbed version, the lead guy has the worse dublin knack accent ever

Prosperity..the biggest pile of crap ever shown on telly.You'd think being shot in dublin the directors might be able to find somebody who has a Dublin accent.Not so.
    Reminds me of ten years or so ago a friend of mine from baldoyle had a walk-on part in fair city as a motorbike courier.His lines were "Parcel here for you".He said it in his baldoyle(Dublin) accent and was told by the director or whoever that it wasnt Dublin enough.The end result was a "??Parhhsel heeh for yoou??" ending as it allways does on an interogitive inflection when idiots who have no idea what a Dublin accent sounds like start giving orders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

smccarrick wrote: »
    On a similar note- in "Heroes" the episodes that were supposedly in Cork- and the accents once again........ arrrrgghhhhhhhhhh
    Sherifu wrote: »
    Heroes did a fair hatchet job last season.
    Aspiration wrote: »
    Ditto. Caitlin and Rocky in the Wandering Rock Pub in Cork... lol :rolleyes:
    Alun wrote: »
    The ones in the current series of Heroes are pretty dire.
    fermoyboy wrote: »
    Heroes did a complete hatchet job on the whole Irishness thing.

Worst accents I'd ever heard....

Peter wanting his pounds back from the bookies...

English reg taxi etc

You are all wrong. Those accents were pure gold. Comedy gold.
    I wanted the entire season to be set in cork, that would have been amazing beyond all measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

eh never mind

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

FYP

Just take the GhwJ6F9tY18 bit and stick it between [YOUTUBE]GhwJ6F9tY18[/YOUTUBE] tags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Worst I've ever heard was in an 80's American tv cop series called "Hunter". In one episode it had Irish criminals with some appalling accents. At one stage, one of them shouted at Hunter "YOOL NEVIRR TAY-KE MEE ALEEV, COPPIRR!!!"

Advertisement