Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Irish Accent in a fillum

Options

Comments

Anyone say Boondock Saints yet?

Great film, terrible accents.

They're not supposed to be Irish accents. They're Boston Irish and aren't that far from how many people in Boston speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭avillan

mr gob****e scientology in not far enough away !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Alcoholocaust

Yer one in Michael Collins.... Julia Roberts? Terrible...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That's a great film!! Wilem Defoe at his best:)

My vote goes to whoever was responsible for the voice of the Irish kid in the Simpsons movie. My god that was bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

That episode of Captain Planet is a masterpiece, I wont have a bad word said about it:D

LOL ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Oh actually, has anyone watched 'Burn Notice'? Great show but the accent your one Fiona had in the first few episodes was horrendous. Luckily they've now pretty much dropped it.

Thank God she lost the accent

Tom Cruise - Far and Away
    Richard Gere - The Jackal
    Julia Roberts - Michael Collins
    Tommy Lee Jones - Blown Away
    Cameron Diaz - Gangs of New York
    Justin Theroux - Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle
    Chris O’Donnell - Circle of Friends
    Leonardo Di Caprio - Gangs of New York
    Kevin Spacey - Ordinary Decent Criminal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

Yet? It's been one of my favourite films since I first watched it back in 2001.

The accents are great, because theyre not meant to be completely irish, more of a boston irish.

The film itself has some great quotes and scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,931 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Colin Farrells brutal accent in "In Brugges" is laughable. In fact its probably the most laughable thing in the film.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Colin Farrells brutal accent in "In Brugges" is laughable. In fact its probably the most laughable thing in the film.

I thought he always spoke like that :)
    Remember "The Callbox".......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

PS I love you no contest... maybe the guy that played Darby in dary o gill and the little people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Did anyone see the episode of Heroes that featured the Irish??????? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I have to say that Marlon Brando does a really good stab at a generic Irish accent in 'The Missouri Breaks'.

....then again, he was a genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,865 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just watching Back To The Future III and, to be sure to be sure, the accents of the McFly clan back in the 1800s are ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Not really a movie, but cringeworthy nonetheless. Really captures the complexities of the Troubles aswell. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Steve_o wrote: »
    Pierce Brosnan is a paradox, an Irish actor who has the worst Irish accent ever!!!

lol a bit like joey in friends.......'they said that they've never seen an italian actor with a worse italian accent!'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Has to be the Iroish accent by the nut-case Cruise in "Far And Away"
    (come to think of it, the title also describes the location of his faculties!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Karoma wrote: »
    Tom Cruise in Far and Away.
    Godawful accent in a godawful movie from a godawful gob****e.

(Google: Did you mean: far and away tom cruise accident?)

"Say ye like me hat shannin".... FAIL!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Has there ever been any good Irish accent done by a Hollywood actor?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Yer one in About Adam, Kate Hudson. She did a good job. I mean... I never watched that movie.

Cred--;

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Brad Pitt in Snatch (The Movie not Angelina's!) spot on Traveller accent I mean really spot on! British press were slagging it off but deffo No 1 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Lisa's boyfriend in the Simpsons Movie: he claimed to have just arrived from Ireland ... in a time machine from 1874 maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

"WHERE'S ME DAAAUUGHTAARR"

Pierce Brosnan does a terrible accent, stick to pretending to be English mate

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Saw Open Range the other night, thought Michael Gambon did an excellent Irish accent, thought Paul Newman did a good version in Road to Perdition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Seamus and Maggie McFly ("And doant yeh bay forgettin' de missus") are pretty bad alright but BTTF is a sort of comedy so you can allow it...

Also maybe people talked like that in 1885!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭buynow

barryfitz wrote: »
    Sean Connery in Darby O'Gill and the little people. That was a real didly eye film anyway but his accent was terrible :p

Was there ever a "top of the morning" irish accent. 100 years ago, our accent wasn't the same - maybe he was accurate. Is there any recordings of normal Irish people speaking 100 years ago?

Even radio broadcasts from 50 years ago, people have much different accents than what their accent is today - same applies to English and American accents as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

gangs of new york, leo di caprio.

wasnt too bad till he narrated at the very end.

sounded like a pure pikey

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

JP Liz wrote: »

Cameron Diaz - Gangs of New York

Cant believe that was only mentioned now... That should have been EVERYONES first example that comes to mind! Even if you havent seen the filum:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mr. Cian

That irish guy in harry potter, not sure which harry potter filum but he's soooo annoying! Wrecks my head. oh and any time irish people are mentioned in 'The Simpsons' :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I actually didn't think Richard Gere's accent was half bad...

Tom Cruise immediately springs to mind. There was also an episode of Murder she Wrote set in Ireland which was painful to watch.I really want to watch this episode of Heroes after hearing so much about it here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 arid

FatherTed wrote: »
    Has there ever been any good Irish accent done by a Hollywood actor?
    I thought Jon Voight's was class in The General.

Advertisement