Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Irish Accent in a fillum

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Evelyn! Brosnans accent was horrendous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

ira: kings of nothing

i turned it off as soon as the main dude opened his mouth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

one of the actors from Bondock saints...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Mr. Cian wrote: »
    That irish guy in harry potter, not sure which harry potter filum but he's soooo annoying! Wrecks my head. oh and any time irish people are mentioned in 'The Simpsons' :mad:

Seamus Finnigan in Harry Potter...the guy who plays him is actually Irish though. :pac:

Any Irish representation on the Simpsons is always horribly patronising. Recently they had a 'parade' of Catholics and Protestants which descended into a brawl (naturally enough) and Lisa was telling them to 'put their differences aside because they all share a beautiful culture'.... -> understanding history FAIL. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I was excited when i heard some of season two of heroes would be set in cork. then i saw the episodes and heard those god awful attempts an irish accent and lost faith in humanity.

I later found out they did'nt bother going to ireland and just filmed the outdoor scenes in the studio carpark. none of the irish characters were played by irish actors either. Boooo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I was excited when i heard some of season two of heroes would be set in cork. then i saw the episodes and heard those god awful attempts an irish accent and lost faith in humanity.

I later found out they did'nt bother going to ireland and just filmed the outdoor scenes in the studio carpark. none of the irish characters were played by irish actors either. Boooo.

I was wondering to myself when watching it, "Is it really that hard to find aspiring Irish Actors in Hollywood?"

And the accents were from all over the country considering they were supposed to be in Cork and were all brothers and a sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

When the guys from Heroes were asked why Irish Actors weren't used, they said that Irish people didn't sound Irish enough...

WTF?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

PalmFaceInterface

Good God.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

What no mention of the Family Guy Episode where Peter meets his "Drunken Irish Dad"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

When the guys from Heroes were asked why Irish Actors weren't used, they said that Irish people didn't sound Irish enough...

WTF?

I have a feeling that they meant 'real Irish' people didn't sound Irish enough for American / international audiences. That is, they wouldn't sound like the Lucky Charms leprachaun or say 'diddly- eye top of the mornin' to ye boyos'. If you got an actual Irish person for the part the American audience would probably think they were from So-Cal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

phasers wrote: »
    "WHERE'S ME DAAAUUGHTAARR"

Pierce Brosnan does a terrible accent, stick to pretending to be English mate

He doesn't sound English either!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

razorblunt wrote: »
    Saw Open Range the other night, thought Michael Gambon did an excellent Irish accent,
    Well he was born in dublin so he probably had a head start..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Darragh29 wrote: »
    "Say ye like me hat shannin".... FAIL!

EPIC FAIL!

*EDIT*

Diet Coke!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

I saw this thread and that was the first filum that came to mind.

What's-her-face in Micheal Collins comes a close second.

That's two of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

smccarrick wrote: »
    Natasha McElhowen (or however you spell her name).
    That "Oirish" accent when she played the IRA gangster in Paris in "Ronin"......
    It was cringeworthy........
    Mc Elhone it is, and aye that was irritating at best
    On a similar note- in "Heroes" the episodes that were supposedly in Cork- and the accents once again........ arrrrgghhhhhhhhhh
    +1 and good thing it was only those episodes and they got the f**k back to NYC really quickly (well what was left of it);)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

steps_3314 wrote: »
    That's two of us.
    Julia Roberts

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Kim Cattrell in The Tigers Tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

yer man in ps i love you gerard butler?.

not that it was great to begi with but damn did that ruin that movie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

ROFLMAO... I always think it sounds like a Welsh fella being taught Spanish by a Serbian who's just escaped from an Oz village that he lived in for thirty odd years.... Then you can tolerate the twisted and contorted vocal ramblings that are ... well, I don't need to say any more.

The hairs on the back of your neck suddenly twitch as the nasal mutterings add a vocal assault upon your own personal audio system.

If you get the idea I feel strongly about this... I don't have an accent but to hear the hollywood version..... really irksome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭tubedude

What was that film, where Tom Cruise plays an irish dude, his accent was so bad!!
    I can't remember the name!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

begob and begorrah!!....its gotta be this....

mick jagger in the 1970 movie Ned kelly

Advertisement