Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

applied for test can i find out date and own car to test

Options
  • 30-06-2008 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I applied for my test about 3 weeks ago.

i got the letter saying you will be informed 4-5 weks before your test. my question is can ring a number to find out when exactly that will be?

i know some people say the waiting time is down to 8 weeks but others say tthe have applied for their test back in october and still havent been given a date.

also with the new laws in affect does this mean i should not drive my own car to the test center and instead hire a driving instructors car?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Washout wrote: »
    Hi,
    I applied for my test about 3 weeks ago.

i got the letter saying you will be informed 4-5 weks before your test. my question is can ring a number to find out when exactly that will be?

i know some people say the waiting time is down to 8 weeks but others say tthe have applied for their test back in october and still havent been given a date.

also with the new laws in affect does this mean i should not drive my own car to the test center and instead hire a driving instructors car?

To be honest i doubt you'll be able to ring up and find out when you'll recieve a date, i think you'll just have to be patient, although i wouldn't be 100% certain about that.
    As for driving your own car to the test centre, you could ask a friend to accompany you to the test centre, or better yet since most people will get a pre-test in with their instructor before a driving test ask to finish the test at the test centre.
    Obviously i would advise you to be accompanied to the test centre. That said, it isn't the examiners place to ask how you got to the test centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

or better yet since most people will get a pre-test in with their instructor before a driving test ask to finish the test at the test centre.

I will hopefully be doing my test soon and was thinking about this too, but surely the instructor will be parking their car outside your house? You can't exactly expect them to make their own way from the test centre to your house. I guess you just have to bring someone along who will sit and wait in the test centre for you to finish your test in case you fail and need to be accompanied home :( So much for being able to keep your test date quiet from everyone to help you with your nerves. Last thing I'd want going into my test is someone with me in the car, it would make me a lot more nervous.

Sorry for going off topic, just wanted to point out it might not be possible to get an instructor to do that for you as it would leave them stranded.

Advertisement