Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reporting a bus driver

• 30-06-2008 8:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

How would I go about reporting a bus driver for Dublin Bus? I was very uncomfortable on the way into work this morning because the bus driver was a lunatic. He only had a very basic knowledge of how to drive and did not know how to act on a roundabout (I was sure we were going to crash twice). I do not feel he should be let drive the bus any more and would like to know how I could report him

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Either phone the garage that the route operates from & ask to speak to the duty manager, or email dublin bus via their website (there is a customer feedback form somewhere on there).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I recently rang the garage to report a driver who failed to stop to pick up passengers.
    I was asked to put my report in writing. Easily done. So, you might be asked to do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

DB have an incident reporting system, any time I've had a problem where I've had the ticket to prove I was on the bus they've followed up very well. All twice of it out of a few thousand journeys thankfully.

The time a bus driver changed destination after I got on the bus and got very damn angry/abusive/cursing when I questioned him I lost the ticket though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭daymobrew

BTW, I had the bus route number, reg plate, time and location of the incident.

If you have the bus id (it's on the corner outside the bus - something like Ax 987) even better. Your ticket would be handy too. Basically the more info you have the better chance that the exact driver can be identified.

The times/location info is also important - a bus has up to 7 cameras that can be checked to back up your report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

daymobrew wrote: »
    BTW, I had the bus route number, reg plate, time and location of the incident.

If you have the bus id (it's on the corner outside the bus - something like Ax 987) even better. Your ticket would be handy too. Basically the more info you have the better chance that the exact driver can be identified.

The times/location info is also important - a bus has up to 7 cameras that can be checked to back up your report.
    The EV1 Volvo used by DB has 8 Camera as standard including one projecting out the front screen facing the road. This camera can record driver behavior, drivers not stopping at bus stops and any evidence in the case of a RTA. Dublin Bus intends to fit its entire fleet with these cameras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You can also fill out a form that is available in the public office on O'Connell Street (and I presume garages also).

Don't rely on e-mail as your sole complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Usually the last three digits of the reg will do, not many people understand the AV,x. EV VL RA lingo. Location, time and direction Inbound/outbound. Your ticket holds the five digit fleet number. Smart cards have the last journey info stored on them too.

The camera cannot be used against the driver unless the Garda is involved BUT i know a copy would end up with the DQM for some plain clothes checking and special monitoring.

SickCert wrote: »
    Usually the last three digits of the reg will do, not many people understand the AV,x. EV VL RA lingo. Location, time and direction Inbound/outbound. Your ticket holds the five digit fleet number. Smart cards have the last journey info stored on them too.

The camera cannot be used against the driver unless the Garda is involved BUT i know a copy would end up with the DQM for some plain clothes checking and special monitoring.
    The Smart card is the ultimate method of storing data for any transit trip and can be used to access your travel details for up to five years, produce this and bingo you have the driver.

Dangerous driving would certainly involve the Gardai if the OP lodged a complaint to his local Garda station. They would in turn request Dublin bus for any footage from the frontal view camera. I would regard this camera as a type of tachograph and would not be surprised if these were to be made manditory on all busses, coaches and hgv's in the near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭shltter

The Smart card is the ultimate method of storing data for any transit trip and can be used to access your travel details for up to five years, produce this and bingo you have the driver.

Dangerous driving would certainly involve the Gardai if the OP lodged a complaint to his local Garda station. They would in turn request Dublin bus for any footage from the frontal view camera. I would regard this camera as a type of tachograph and would not be surprised if these were to be made manditory on all busses, coaches and hgv's in the near future.

Depends how quickly the OP reported his concerns to the Gardai and how quickly the Gardai acted upon the report the recording is on a loop if it is not retrieved for a particular reason it is just overwritten within a couple of days.

Handy thing is that it sorts the genuine complaints from the malicious ones surprising how many unfounded complaints are made which have no basis in fact. For example someone pulled up over an incorrect fare complains that the driver was like a lunatic people being thrown around the bus etc thankfully these malicious complaints can be quickly identified by viewing the video.

While Sickcert is correct that video can not be officially used in disciplinary matters the truth is that if a manager views the video and sees that the complaint is correct then they will uphold the complaint against the driver based on their "investigations" without the video ever been mentioned. If someone is driving like a lunatic and the video shows it the driver will not get off because the video cannot be used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I thought it was that video wouldn't be used to initiate disciplinary hearings, but could be used in evidence to support something else.

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »
    I thought it was that video wouldn't be used to initiate disciplinary hearings, but could be used in evidence to support something else.
    Frontal view cameras can also be used for solving crimes and the Gardai can request from DB the footage from any bus passing by a certain area if there was a murder or robbery involved.

Advertisement