Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yes another GF birthday thread

Options
  • 30-06-2008 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

So... What to do.

She has asked for a puppy... not happening. So an iPod is her second choice. Picking that up in the morn. Her 24th is on Wednesday and her mam is flying back from Oz for it too.

I have arrange work off so we can spend the day together.

Gonna watch Kung Fu Panda in the afternoon. Followed by dinner in her fav Japanese restaurant. After that its time to meet up with friends for drinks and hit a club. By the way, all that is her idea

Looking for some ideas to make it a nice memorable day?

Ladies.... Help me :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Well looking at the results of the poll in the "Flowers" thread, pretty much seems most women would like to get them more often, 2nd biggest group simply being happy to get them when they do, presenting her with a bouque of her favourites might be an idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

How about a picnic lunch with all her favourite foods before the cinema? btw, you can't ask her what they are! Not posh foods, just all the little things she likes.

If it's warm enough you could go somewhere nice to eat it before the cinema? (It's freezing in Welly tonight which is why I say that!)

watna wrote: »
    How about a picnic lunch with all her favourite foods before the cinema? btw, you can't ask her what they are!

QFT!!!
    I you must ask her friends and family, but not her, completely ruins the surprise of the picnic and the romantic aspect of surprising her with how well you know her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Go to the shop, pick up some groceries for a slap up meal... Buy her an apron and tell her you're going to the pub for a few hours.

It'll make her day being able to cook for her man.

Anyhoo, ipod, resturant, night out and mother flying back from Oz? Doesn't ask for much does she?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Get her a picture of a puppy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

UB wrote: »
    Get her a picture of a puppy.

I made that mistake at valentines days. Got her a book full of cute little puppies and lovey dovey stuff. Then she started asking for a puppy.... This puppy thing is my fault... Doh!!!

She won't be staying over at mine tomorrow night so can't do the breakfast in bed thing... But will see if I can make something before we go out.

Flowers was a given.. just haven't a clue what she likes. Suppose I should pay attention more. I'm sure the hints have been droppped more than once as her birthday got closer.

Watna, its bloody freezing in Auckland these days. Night time is the worst.... During the day is ok as long as there is no breeze. Its getting down to 12c during the day at night you can now see the steam off your breath.... I know its not like an Irish winter, but I'm used to the north island winter/summers now

brrrrrrrrr

/hugs self

Rabies wrote: »
    I made that mistake at valentines days. Got her a book full of cute little puppies and lovey dovey stuff. Then she started asking for a puppy.... This puppy thing is my fault... Doh!!!

She won't be staying over at mine tomorrow night so can't do the breakfast in bed thing... But will see if I can make something before we go out.

Flowers was a given.. just haven't a clue what she likes. Suppose I should pay attention more. I'm sure the hints have been droppped more than once as her birthday got closer.

Watna, its bloody freezing in Auckland these days. Night time is the worst.... During the day is ok as long as there is no breeze. Its getting down to 12c during the day at night you can now see the steam off your breath.... I know its not like an Irish winter, but I'm used to the north island winter/summers now

brrrrrrrrr

/hugs self

Indoor picnic ftw!

Yeah, Southerly winds blowing across Welly at the mo. It came as a surprise cos it's been so mild recently. Apparently it'll be -5 in Christchurch tonight. I must text crumble froo and warn her!

I'm sure your gf will have a lovely day. Just something small and thoughtful is all she needs. You have a nice day planned so it's not like you can do anything mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Get her a hamster, its like a miniature, more confined, less noisy puppy.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Go to the shop, pick up some groceries for a slap up meal... Buy her an apron and tell her you're going to the pub for a few hours.

It'll make her day being able to cook for her man.

Anyhoo, ipod, resturant, night out and mother flying back from Oz? Doesn't ask for much does she?

MagicMarker, behave yourself please.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Get her a hamster, its like a miniature, more confined, less noisy puppy.

I actually did this a few weeks ago! I still don't know if she thinks it was a good idea!

• Advertisement

I would have got a mini pet, she studied animal science in uni.But her mam doesn't want any more pets in the house.
    Just picked up the iPod a short while ago. A soft cuddley puppy teddy bear thingy is next on the list.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A soft cuddley puppy teddy bear thingy is next on the list.

Hmmm, I'm sure the guys in Lolocaust would love to see that post. :D

Zaph wrote: »
    Hmmm, I'm sure the guys in Lolocaust would love to see that post. :D

Damn it...

/bans self
    /hangs head in shame :o

There are eyes everywhere....

Ok... I'm screwed.

G/F called me to say her sister had put ballons around the house. Notes were attached to some of them. There was a teddy bear singing happy birhtday. She also baked a cake and cooked her a roast dinner. On top of all that, she gave her a present.

Ok.... What the hell is left for me tomorrow? :(

Ok... I'm screwed.

G/F called me to say her sister had put ballons around the house. Notes were attached to some of them. There was a teddy bear singing happy birhtday. She also baked a cake and cooked her a roast dinner. On top of all that, she gave her a present.

Ok.... What the hell is left for me tomorrow? :(

Jeez, they really like birthdays in that family!

Will she expect this every year cos it's a bit much, tbh. As long as you have put some thought in to it (which I think you have seeming as you put your lolocaust manliness on the line by asking us!) the she should be happy. :)

I would have got a mini pet, she studied animal science in uni.But her mam doesn't want any more pets in the house.
    Just picked up the iPod a short while ago. A soft cuddley puppy teddy bear thingy is next on the list.

Nintendog game thingy maybe as the next best thing to the actual real life dog, not as cuddly, but perhaps as cute?

Mini up date..

The cake she got was a 'special' cake. They're eating it now :D
    Right... Have even less time than I expected. We're going for lunch to her gran's tomorrow. Need to get things sorted in the morn.

/puts on thinking cap.

I have arranged loads of her friends to meet us in the bar and we have a cake and stuff for when she gets there....

Well... the day went off great.

Couldn't do breakfast in bed because she didn't stay over the previous night. She picked me up for lunch with her gran and was met with a big bunch of flowers. Then we had lunch. After that she got her present, iPod, cute teddy bear and a book of cute animals. Then we went for dinner in her fav japanese restaurant and followed that up with a movie (Kung Fu Panda). I arranged loads of her work mates and friends to meet us in the bar at 9:30pm. I got up early that morn and got a cake and dropped it off at the bar for later that night. When every one was in and had a few drinks in them I had the bar lights dimmed, music off and everyone sang happy birthday as the cake came out. After all that we went to a club got drunk and went back to mine. The night ended with my neighbours banging on the wall at 4:30am because we were making too much noise..... I think it worked out as a good night for all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Well... the day went off great.

Couldn't do breakfast in bed because she didn't stay over the previous night. She picked me up for lunch with her gran and was met with a big bunch of flowers. Then we had lunch. After that she got her present, iPod, cute teddy bear and a book of cute animals. Then we went for dinner in her fav japanese restaurant and followed that up with a movie (Kung Fu Panda). I arranged loads of her work mates and friends to meet us in the bar at 9:30pm. I got up early that morn and got a cake and dropped it off at the bar for later that night. When every one was in and had a few drinks in them I had the bar lights dimmed, music off and everyone sang happy birthday as the cake came out. After all that we went to a club got drunk and went back to mine. The night ended with my neighbours banging on the wall at 4:30am because we were making too much noise..... I think it worked out as a good night for all :D

Making too much noise... lucky girl! ;)

Jules wrote: »
    Making too much noise... lucky girl! ;)

I know. Oooh, matron! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Awww thats really sweet op!

Thanks....
    I do try :D

/hugs credit card.