Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parallel parking

Options
  • 30-06-2008 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Is this a part of the test ? I always taught it was but someone told me it is no longer checked

Cheers
    R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Nope, not on the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

Fecking well should be! You only have to drive around anywhere in Ireland and you'll see a ridiculous attempt at parallel parking, and it's not specfic to learner or full licence holders either. It's a skill that most people will use regularly as opposed to reversing around a corner.

Obviously observation while reversing around a corner and controlling the car has a part to play in being a good parallel parker but it's a more realistic application of these skills.

On a personal note, I'm a provisional licence holder and both my mother and sister who hold full licences need me to park their cars if the space is in anyway awkward. I'm sure they're not the only full licence holders who can't parallel park but still passed their test (both in the last 3 years). Just a suggestion RSA, just a suggestion.......

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭rocally

yeah i'm doing my test in a couple of days and practised parking as I taught it was my weak point and now its not in it !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

has your driving instructor not gone through all elements of the test with you? That seems very surprising that you thought parallel parking was on the test. Well at least you know now.

Advertisement