Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good value tyre centre, s.dublin

Options
  • 30-06-2008 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

Got a puncture last night, tyre is wrecked. Where is best in south Dublin for tyres, looking to get it done before this evening hopefully.. I'm in Ranelagh, and need to travel out to Tallaght later anyway so will be headed along N81 and through there anyway. Any suggestions?
    I know this is Dublin so €++ on everywhere else in the country, so just looking to not get fleeced. :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

There is a Fastfit on the N81 beside the Square just behind the statoil garage. Ive used the one in Blanch and they had decent prices. Give them a call to check the prices and availability, nothing worse than turning up and they dont have the stock. Been there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Tried all their branches and the cheapest they have around is something for 145.
    The other tyres on the car are far from new but still plenty left, so I'd go second hand too.

145 :o . What are you running ?

1998 9-3 convi. Found something for 95, they're low profile 215/45's...

Id jump on it so. That sounds like a more reasonable purchase. 145 was crazy!

• Advertisement

Hehe thought so. Went out to Sandyford Tyre Centre, they had something for 95... Pays to shop around! :D
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

something i never understand....people saying the price is crazy or its not without evan knowing the brand or the actualy size/speed rating??

i can get ya tyres 4 70 quid if ya want, only i couldn promise there going to keep you on the road past the first turn! tyres r the only thing that keep u on the road so please, dont cheap out on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Hody

Hiya,
    my car just was NCTed and failed because of one tyre. I want to sell the car once it passed, so now I am lookin to buy one cheap second hand or remoulded tyre - preferably on the northside, I am living in Swords and work near Blanchardstown. Does somebody have an idea, where I can get a cheap tyre 195/60/R15?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Try discount-tyres in blanchardstown. They are in the rosemount business park. I don't know what they are like for pricing compared to other places but I have used them several times without any hassle.

http://www.dtasvalue.com/contacts.html

Advertisement