Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DOS SSH client

• 30-06-2008 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of one?.

I know I can use putty and similar variants, I just want to be able to use one within a DOS window.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Done and dusted

yup PSCP will do the trick for you its on the putty download page

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Isn't that just for copying files though?. I want the functionality of putty itself rather than to just copy files across.

Maybe I'm just missing something obvious.

oh my bad so :S

check out http://sshdos.sourceforge.net/
    I've never used it before but it could be what your looking for!

Yeah I found that one myself this morning, but when I try to use it I get a "No packet driver found" error

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Stky10 wrote: »
    Yeah I found that one myself this morning, but when I try to use it I get a "No packet driver found" error
    The download page says;

SSHDOS is a DOS port of SSH, SCP, SFTP and Telnet clients. Needs a packet driver (or a PPP driver for dialup connection) only. There are two separate packages for SSH1 and for SSH2.

• Advertisement

mmm.....well have you googled "packet driver" :D

I'll have a look after lunch and see if I can find anything for you!

mmm.....well have you googled "packet driver" :D

I'll have a look after lunch and see if I can find anything for you!

Seems to be that its a DOS program only, ie not supported under Windows, and that the packet driver is different for each different network card. And since this is a brand new laptop, I doubt they bother with a DOS driver for it.

Looks like Putty or variants it is. Bah.

Advertisement