Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rockband 2 Confirmed

Options
  • 30-06-2008 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

Shocker of the year. :)

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/885/885168p1.html

4 page interview on that link, but here are some highlights:

- Out in September (Stateside, I presume)
    - DLC from RB1 is compatible.
    - "We've also secured what I can easily say is the best setlist I've ever seen in a music game."
    - "We've taken almost everything people have asked for in Rock Band and added it to Rock Band 2"
    - "We've been able to take all of the feedback we've received to make quieter, more realistic, and more reliable instruments"
    - "All of your Rock Band instruments will still work with Rock Band 2."
    - Rock Band 2 is set to debut at E3 2008. Expect more details and first impressions the week of July 14.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Which means it'll probably be Christmas 2009 before we see it!
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

After the fiasco of RB1's euro release the only thing giving me hope for RB2 is the timetable of GH1 & GH2's euro releases. We got GH1 many months after the US but GH2 was out here within a month or two. Hopefully it'll be a similar schedule for RB2. I'll probably only pick up the solus edition unless the new drums have been quietened down substantially, then I might upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

Appearently Europe is getting it in September too

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like there was a misunderstanding yesterday, and we are NOT getting a simultaneous US/Euro release.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=164239

Mr E wrote: »
    Looks like there was a misunderstanding yesterday, and we are NOT getting a simultaneous US/Euro release.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=164239

Now there's a f*cking surprise! :(
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Some setlist rumours have appeared over in Kotaku.
    Two different sets here, with a lot of similarities suggesting there may be some truth in some of the songs at least..

Looks great, as usual from Harmonix: Modest Mouse, Presidents of the USA, Today by the Pumpkins, Psycho Killer, and some Devo seem like welcome highlights.

Still only a rumour though, but we can hope there's some truth.

(And let's be honest, as horrifically, embarrasingly cheesy as it is, I think most of us will find some sort of secret enjoyment playing
    Livin' on a Prayer
    . Not that anyone will admit it, though :pac:

Said spoilered song would be fun just for the guitar solo alone! :D
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I was wondering is there anywhere you can request songs for dlc? that'd be cool!!

I'd doubt it, would you do it... knowing you'd be inundated with requests day in and day out? ;)

VR!

I'd doubt it, would you do it... knowing you'd be inundated with requests day in and day out? ;)

VR!

Good point! they could appoint me to sift through the requests and approve or reject them...... I'd be impartial! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

RAIN wrote: »

For all you students either living in bedsits or at your mom's house, be prepared to throw your wardrobe out the window. It's now been replaced. :D

VR!

It's probably gonna cost about 8 million euros or something though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

looks like the song list has been revealed at MS's E3 press conference:

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/07/the-complete-ro.html

Some good songs in there alright. Not sure if it beats RB1's set list although since i've dl'ed a bunch of tracks i just kinda lump them all into being in the game now.

Being able to export your RB1 songs (for a small fee) is a pretty handy feature although can't help feel your being slightly ripped off since you did pay for the first game but i suppose "under $5" isn't too bad

That's a fairly bleh tracklist there, Beastie Boys "So Whatcha Want" has got precious little right to be in there given the lack of guitar parts in it. Horrible Squeeze song to pick out of all their list. "Up The Junction" or "Love Circles" would have been better for the guitar parts.

That said, I'm looking forward to playing Testament, Rush and Dream Theater. Not that i'll hold my breath for a september release here. ;)

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

That setlist is just amazing,nice blend of genres there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

WHEN IS IT COMMING OUT IN EUROPE??????? PLEASE REPLY QUICK CAUSE ITS MY BIRTHDAY IN 13 DAYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Keggers wrote: »
    WHEN IS IT COMMING OUT IN EUROPE??????? PLEASE REPLY QUICK CAUSE ITS MY BIRTHDAY IN 13 DAYS
    Well you will have to wait a hell of a lot longer than 13 days anyway
    ;)

oh and why are you shouting?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

im boycotting rockband from now on and i would like all ps3 owners to join me!
    rock band is out on 360 and Wii yet still the European ps3 community hasnt caught a wiff of rock band 1 never mind 2! GH world tour will probably be out on ps3 before rockband and the GH drums are much better too

Advertisement